Dark Cloud 2 Slowdowns
The performance overall is fine, but there are some parts where the game seems to slow down but the fps will stay close 60, so I'm not really sure what the issue is.

Also, I have noticed there visible grid lines in many parts of the game. I have tried changing around a few options but they are always visible. Depends on different options they can look worse though.
Pic of grid: http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/2550/gridne.png

My computer specs:
Video: Radeon HD 4870 512mb
Ram: 3gb
CPU: AMD X4 635 2.9Ghz

Pcsx2:
Version:0.9.7.4450(svn)

Plugins:
GS: GSdx 4441 (MSVC 16.00, SSE2) 0.1.16
PAD: LilyPad svn (r3993) 0.10.0
SPU2: SPU2-X r4411 1.4.0
CDVD: cdvdGigaherz (r3429) 0.8.0

If I am missing anything, just let me know. Not really sure what kinda info you guys need to troubleshoot problems.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsored links

For the slowdown are you using speed hacks at all? Specifically are you using VU Cycle steal? Cycle steal is especially known to cause this, but several of the other speed hacks can as well... Disable them all and see if you still get slowdowns at 60fps (if the FPS drops below 60 there afterwards there isn't much that can be done sans a faster system)
[Image: 2748844.png]
anyways, svn versions aren't supported.
try latest public beta & report back
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Sorry, I wasn't aware they weren't supported.

I switched to the public beta and that did remove the grid lines. Also, I turned off the VU cycle steal, and that mostly fixed the problem. There is a very minor slow down that I can live with.

Thanks for your help!
(03-19-2011, 05:35 PM)Milkboat Wrote: Sorry, I wasn't aware they weren't supported.

Then please read the rules, they are at the top of the forum for all to see, 3rd one down says

Quote:# There will be no support for modified or unofficial SVN versions of PCSX2, nor any link to unofficial builds.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]