Dark Cloud Plugins Configurations
Hello, PCSX2 Forums.

First of all, since this is my first post, I want to thank the whole developing team for a great piece of software.

Now to business. I am playing Dark Cloud 1. Going into a nostalgia phase. Anyway, I'm trying to play it but the graphics are blurry and choppy. So, can you super expert guys tell me what are the best configs for audio and video (audio seems to skip or be a bit out sometimes, quite annoying, actually)?

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5 750 ~2.7 GHz
RAM: 4GB
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4770
Sound Card: OnBoard
Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D-E

If you need any more information, just ask, I'll grant it. I really want to play this on best quality possible. Laugh

Sponsored links

What kind of FPS do you get? Choppy sound is usually caused because you don't reach full speed. Is your game PAL or NTSC?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-21-2011, 04:50 PM)Bositman Wrote: What kind of FPS do you get? Choppy sound is usually caused because you don't reach full speed. Is your game PAL or NTSC?

NTSC at 58 ~ 60 FPS
Hm that's strange. Running from an ISO image or the DVD disc? List your plugins and the configuration of your SPU2 plugin. Any speed hacks on?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-21-2011, 11:16 PM)Bositman Wrote: Hm that's strange. Running from an ISO image or the DVD disc? List your plugins and the configuration of your SPU2 plugin. Any speed hacks on?

Running from an ISO image. I'll upload some pictures, one with list of plugins and other with the config.

This is my plugin list.

This is my SPU plugin config.
Try changing the interpolation in the SPU settings?
Interpolation is fine.
You'll have to describe the sound issue a bit better, Griffrez.
It's normal for the sound to slow down or even drop out momentarily when
levels load or the framerate dips below full speed.

The graphics can be improved by upscaling. See the GSdx configuration for that.
(11-22-2011, 11:41 PM)rama Wrote: Interpolation is fine.
You'll have to describe the sound issue a bit better, Griffrez.
It's normal for the sound to slow down or even drop out momentarily when
levels load or the framerate dips below full speed.

The graphics can be improved by upscaling. See the GSdx configuration for that.

Yeah, the sound goes weird in more intensive activities. (e.g. The select dialog for changing character.)

I checked GSdx's configurations and I see nothing about "upscaling". I can send you "screenies" of every configuration window, if you'd like. I'll just upload them anyway.

There we go.

I don't know if it is important, but a game was running when I took these.
Tick "enable speedhacks" in your PCSX2 configuration.
Untick "native" in your GSdx configuration and select 2x scaling.
(11-23-2011, 12:46 PM)rama Wrote: Tick "enable speedhacks" in your PCSX2 configuration.
Untick "native" in your GSdx configuration and select 2x scaling.

Yeah, that did improve quality. Is this the setup for best image quality?

P.S.: I started noticing loads of lag after setting this up... I can see that the most loaded component is the "EE" at 75 ~ 85%. GS stays at 30 ~ 40%.