Dark cloud low FPS during gameplay
Hey guys.

So i am trying to play dark cloud and it runs fine and everything but as soon as it gets to the first in game cinematic (the one ressurecting the genie) it slows down to about 25-30 FPS and when it gets to the part where you can start moving around it slows down to 10 FPS and i cant move my character. the wierd thing is that i can activate the menu with my controller and it jumps up to 50-60 FPS again

system specs are:
Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00ghz (2 cpus)
Nvidia GeForce 6200
1 gig RAM
and um using pcsx2 0.9.7

Any suggestions on how i can increase the framerate? it would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored links

getting a decent PC for pcsx2 would be a good start.

else you can always set clamp; mode to none, use gsdx native internal res, disable allow 8-bit textures.
but don't expecr miracles
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-03-2010, 07:00 AM)Fixxit Wrote: ...the wierd thing is that i can activate the menu with my controller and it jumps up to 50-60 FPS again

This is very normal, even when the game is too much for your system.
(09-03-2010, 07:02 AM)jesalvein Wrote: getting a decent PC for pcsx2 would be a good start.

If you are willing to buy me one go ahead. also thanks for the bit about 8 bit textures, i thought you needed that to run it faster.
Quote:If you are willing to buy me one go ahead.

Nope...

it was a way to introduce the last statement of my post Tongue2
(09-05-2010, 06:37 PM)jesalvein Wrote:
Quote:If you are willing to buy me one go ahead.

Nope...

it was a way to introduce the last statement of my post Tongue2

Damn! BTW is it just updating the processor that will increase the performance or do i need to update the graphics card too?
er....
definitely both
(09-03-2010, 07:00 AM)Fixxit Wrote: Hey guys.

So i am trying to play dark cloud and it runs fine and everything but as soon as it gets to the first in game cinematic (the one ressurecting the genie) it slows down to about 25-30 FPS and when it gets to the part where you can start moving around it slows down to 10 FPS and i cant move my character. the wierd thing is that i can activate the menu with my controller and it jumps up to 50-60 FPS again

system specs are:
Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00ghz (2 cpus)
Nvidia GeForce 6200
1 gig RAM
and um using pcsx2 0.9.7

Any suggestions on how i can increase the framerate? it would be greatly appreciated

Your PC obviously is too weak for PCSX2.

now I have 2 suggestions for you:
either you play this on a real ps2, cheap alternative, or get a decent pc
well there is another sloution use frame skipping in gs to skip and draw 10 and constant skiping
i dont get all this "use frameskipping" suggestions, i gave it a try (10 skip, 10 draw) with tekken 5 (just for fun) and its horrible Blink

with 5/5 its kinda playable, but 10/10 = HELL

edit: okay, tekken 5 is a pretty fast game, i guess it depends a lot of the game's "native" speed too, if its playable with frameskipping
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps