Dead or Alive 2
I heard there is only one working version of Dead or Alive 2. Which version?
And why this version works and the others aren't? I Know the ee cache is one of the reasons, but what are the others?

Sponsored links

No idea why.
Have a look at the compatibility list.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
so it's more than just the ee cache?
I suppose so.
The main problem is that the devs need a copy of a game to understand why it doesnt work.
I suppose they don't own the versions that arent compatible yet.
I read in the forums, they own them. i was just curious to know the reason.
All versions ?
I'm curious about where you read that.
Anyways i just hope refraction or rama could tell more about this issue.
I habe the eur version and i'm pretty curious about this too.
Didn't the largest part of this have to do with how sloppily DoA2 was coded? There is a story that the people porting DoA2 from Dreamcast were asked by their bosses to see the progress they had made in 6 months. The developers handed over the build and continued work, but it turned out the higher ups took their in progress build and published it as it within a month or two leaving the developer quite pissed.

I'd imagine that is the big thing... Sloppy port that was still very buggy and ugly on a real PS2 that does things it's not really supposed to do (but a real PS2 can handle)

(edit) Actually, the port was only 3 months in!

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/02/it...dice-2012/
[Image: 2748844.png]
I Didn't read they have all versions. i know they have the hardcore NTSC U verison
Edit: I Searched on the forums, and i saw there is another issue with the other versions (the japanese original is the only working one). All the posts I Saw are very old. So does someome know what is the issue with the other versions?
Wow, so *that's* the reason DoA2: Hardcore was made. I always wondered what was so special about that release that they gave it a unique name. But lol @ Itagaki, it sucks what happened to him, but he went a bit overboard in the melodrama department. That's pretty typical with him though...Like how butthurt he got over a random offhand comment made by a Tekken developer at Namco.
^ Itagaki's always getting always screwed over, from DOA2 to 4 all the way up to Devil's Third... but on topic it's actually the most rushed version of DOA2 that works on PCSX2. Hardcore still doesn't work as of r5766, I'm guessing because his team did something crazy in the process of making the game awesome.