Decent Rig Struggling with Even Native Resolutions
I recently downloaded PCSX2 and assumed based on my system specs it would run fine.

But to my dismay, I seem to get major lag on Kingdom Hearts and Sly Cooper (the only two games I have really tested). I have searched endlessy and have not come across a reason as to why it should not perform well.

Perhaps my processor is the problem as it is AMD, and they usually do not produce the same amount of power per core as their Intel counter
parts. But I figured it being as modern as it was it would not factor in as much.

I have tried all the speed hacks and other tricks to no avail, and even on native resolutions I still get the lag.

I have tried the latest version of PCSX2 from SVN, and the latest stable build.

System Specs:
Processor-AMD FX-6300(6 cores 3.5GHz per core (4.1GHz Turbo))
MoBo- AsRock 970 Extreme3
Graphics Card - Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 with 2gb of VRAM
8 gigs DDR3

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored links

Kingdom Hearts 1 is supposed to be low demand, but I hear Sly Cooper is quite demanding. In any case, I can play quite a few games on my AMD Phenom 2 clocked at 3.2 ghz per core, so I have no idea what the problem could be.
You should not need to play at native resolution, actually your video card will be more at easy playing at 3x.

The fx 6300 is good enough to play most games with minimal or no speedhacks, the most demanding ones may force a bit more of them, but the speedhacks may be the actual cause of the slowdown. Try first using only VU cycle stealing at 1, if needed try activating EE also and/or increasing VU cycle stealing to 2, avoid going beyond the center point.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I think I fixed the majority of my problems by disabling speed hacks, but the beginning cut scene still stutters like crazy, although I can definitely live with that. Thank you for the help! In other news I definitely hit a beaver on my way home tonight.
Beavers are now roaming the streets?
Apparently. If only they could figure out right of way.

Drivers Ed for beavers is obviously a must.
(06-13-2013, 07:05 AM)Torin Wrote: I think I fixed the majority of my problems by disabling speed hacks, but the beginning cut scene still stutters like crazy, although I can definitely live with that. Thank you for the help! In other news I definitely hit a beaver on my way home tonight.

You may need to activate speedhacks for some games, just don't abuse them, start increasing VU cycle stealing one step and verify if there was gain. Don't push it beyond 2, EE cyclerate at 2 can help also. Actually some games are better with VU hack, another with EE, some may need both and a few accept none. You should experiment with them.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Keep in mind that cpu will be a serious bottleneck in most demanding games.
Amd bulldozer's architecture is unfortunately not made for intensive gaming.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
It's unlocked and easy overclock-able, I assume that wouldn't hurt either.
Use default hack ,that is best Wink