Def Jam Fight for NY
88% 25 fps at -2
82% 15 fps at -1
87% 17 fps at 0

JUST checked it

Sponsored links

Again. Changes EE timing. Go try SotC with it.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(10-24-2015, 11:21 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Again. Changes EE timing. Go try SotC with it.

that IS SotC. i don't own Def Jam and I'm not about to download it just to prove a point
I highly doubt that's with the overclock, especially when it slows down for everyone else.
are you calling me a liar? (that's not even ingame yet)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Get in game and test in a single scene. Obviously when you have different things being rendered in a menu, the framerate can change.
What you see here might be because of mtvu. The question would be what happens if you disable mtvu and/or enable vu cycle stealing.

As we all know SotC is really pushing on the vu. That you see an fps increase while overclocking the EE might be a funny coincidence and related to synchronization overhead.
it loses about 2-3 frames without MTVU

also here's screens ingame.it was fluctuating quite a bit

with VU stealign at 2, and EE at -2 it dips as low as 60% ee, while 0 is almost always 90%

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

So now you get the expected behaviour or? Overclocking ee results in lower fps?

I think what you saw before is really just an artifact because of the speedhack. It probably even shows how one can further improve mtvu.
it actually doesn't. 1, at worst. the EE actually loses % too for using the overclock