Deleting Save States Question
Is it possible to delete save states from your PCSX2 File? Reason I am asking is because several times when switching the Frame Limiter on and off I accidentally reverted to a previous save state and lost huge chunks of game progress in the process of doing so. I know I could just not use the frame limiter on and off switch but it makes some parts you really don't care about go faster running at 150 frames a second.... Any help woudl be appreciated.
I guess the main question isn't can you, more of does it not mess with the system before I do it...
[Image: 2264959.png]

Sponsored links

No idea what you mean by that.
Each game can have up to 9 save states and each one of them ends with the number for the slot(9 different files)

F1 - Save State
F2 - Switch to different save state slot
F3 - Load the save state

Edit: Do you mean...a prompt before overwriting existing save?
This could be annoying and btw you also have option to backup a save before overwriting it
Let me reword it. The Frame Limiter is F4, and my giant hands will sometimes accidentally click on the F3 Button without meaning to do so because I used the save state for lottery "hacking" I guess you could call it in Suikoden IV, and I will end up reverting back to that save state without meaning too.

The question I am looking for an answer to is this. Can I delete the save states that are in my save state folder without repercussions on the system. basically if I delete the save states it will not mess up my emulator into being unable to play it.
If you make a memory card save and make sure that the save can be loaded without problems,you can delete all of you save states.

Deleting the save states can't make a game to not work,they are just something like memory card save but a lot better
If you use the nightly builds, you could also assign a complex key combination for load state, instead of F3:
Create file named PCSX2_keys.ini at your inis folder.
Add to it:
States_DefrostCurrentSlot=ALT-CTRL-F3

For more info see revisions r4917 and r4918 (r4600 - 0.98 doesn't have this feature).
(02-26-2012, 01:11 PM)avih Wrote: If you use the nightly builds, you could also assign a complex key combination for load state, instead of F3:
Create file named PCSX2_keys.ini at your inis folder.
Add to it:
States_DefrostCurrentSlot=ALT-CTRL-F3

For more info see revisions r4917 and r4918 (r4600 - 0.98 doesn't have this feature).

That worked like a charm actually, would I be able to change say the Frame Limiter hot key instead to something more convienent instead doing the same process?
Sure. Read the first comment at the first link I posted.