Dell Xps M1210 running PCSX2
I have a m1210 with:

T7200 2.0 Core 2 duo

2 gig ddr2 ram

Nvidia Geforce Go 7400 driver: DOX Optimised 182.46

320gb 7200 rpm drive

WinXp Pro sp 3

I can run a few things at about half speeds. Im using the newest beta and plugins. Ive read where other people have this setup and can run some games at playable speeds. Basically I just want to know if anyone has this setup and playing some games at decent speeds. I know that its way on the low end side but just checking. I plan on building a new PC also but Ill post those questions in a new thread. Tongue
[Image: FFXIIHIGHRES2.jpg]

Sponsored links

just tell us which games do you wish to play,or check it on the PCSX2 site compatibility list...Did you use speed hacks???
Id like to play FFX or FFXII if possible. I can play FFXII somewhat. But its pretty slow. I have some speed hacks one and Ive messed with settings. I was just seeing if anyone had one of these laptops and was running any games.
use nvidia system tools to overclock the gpu a little, even little bits help.
[Image: 1454055.png]
@ChronicNL
That's a notebook so overclocking is out of the question.
@Cell
Because it is a notebook, there's really nothing else to do other than to use speedhacks and update graphic drivers. You can also try the latest PCSX2 beta and the latest GSDX beta.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
@dr_thrax

why is notebook overclocking out of the question?
my system i use (overclocked) is overclocked quite a lot and significantly improves performence, as long as you get a laptop cooler and remember to overclock by small steps
you should at least be able to upgrade some, overclock gpu can even be done without laptop cooler, i made an acceptable 10% with standard laptop cooling with this GT130M
[Image: 1454055.png]
he didn't mean it's completely out of question, but it's usually not a good idea, as most notebooks don't have the necessary cooling capacity for overclocking. so unless someone really knows what he's doing, i also would recommend against overclocking a notebook, the chance to create new problems with this overclocked setup is higher than the chance to solve the speed problems. the op's geforce 7400 mobile chip probably won't be enough for this game, anyways, whether overclocked or not.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Also, not all laptops are alike (unless it is a mac...). One laptop might have a design that improve internal airflow, while another might not. Moreover, room temperature can also affect the temperature of the notebook. While it might be stable for one person, it might not be for another person. That's why the general consensus is no not overclock a notebook, unless you're certain that it can be done. After all, laptop coolers mean nothing if your room is hot and stuffy all the time.Tongue
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
Thanks for all the info guys. I didn't plan on OCing the m1210. Just seeing if anyone was running the pcsx2 on it. It's pretty old so I figured not. Thanks. I will now focus on my new pcsx2 rig I'm building. Thanks.

Cell