Desperate guy needs help to set up an online-connection with PCSX2
But If I use auto setup, I need to use DHCP and this doesn't work. The guides say that I need to hardcore my IP-Address and use auto dns. I can use auto dns okay, but I just don't get any connection by setting up my IP manually. Sorry for making so much trouble, but can you guide me through? As I said I have these Network Access Discs: v1.0, v2.0 and v4.0.

Sponsored links

And as far as Windip I have had issues with certain games not working as well. If you look under Client Setup on the page linked in my signature it shows the method used to patch another Everquest game. You will just need the correct ID for your game.
The DNAS Server Connection is one problem, okay - has to do with the game. Every game has a different DISC ID and needs to be patched, to play on the server, I understand.

But I can't even connect to the normal servers via network settings. I can't use DHCP nor set up my IP manually.

Could WinDIP maybe give me wrong DISC ID? Can this happen?
WinDIP doesn't give the DiscID, that lets you patch it on to the disc, you need to run the DiscID program on your PS2 to get the DiscID.

If that's not possible, im sure there's a list somewhere online.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sry for being stupid, I know that WinDIP is the patcher and that the other "CD/DVD" only reads the DISC ID. I just mixed them up. Sorry. I have the DISC ID for my game. I also patched it with WinDIP, but I still get an DNS Error.

WinDIP:
The following files have been located for possible patching:-
DNAS280.IMG;1, IOPRP280.IMG;1,

'DNAS280.IMG;1' is UN-PATCHED, it matches patch (280B).
'IOPRP280.IMG;1' is being scanned... No match found.

Do I need to patch BOTH manually or is WinDIP already doing that?

EDIT: I am 100% sure that I did everything right with the patch. My problem is that I get a 613 DNS Error and I think that's because I use Auto DNS.
You scan it with WinDIP then tell it to patch both files once you've entered your disc id. So you click scan, then verify then patch.

Sorry if I expressed myself wrong, but I know all of this. Like I said in my edited post, I still get an error. And can you maybe tell me what EXACTLY I need to set at:

IP-Address:
Netmask:
Gateway:
Primary DNS:
Secondary DNS:

I provided some pictures which should help you helping me Laugh
We can't tell you what to put in there, because that is completely dependant on your network, what your routers IP address is, what your DNS servers are and what IP addresses are currently in use.

The only one i can tell you is Netmask should be 255.255.255.0 Tongue

Hahahha I know what you mean but I provided some pictures with "IP Infos" of me. On the first page.
So you did, my apologies.

So you want all the settings the same except your IP address, you want that to be something higher.

IP-Address: 192.168.178.190
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.178.1
Primary DNS: 192.168.178.1
Secondary DNS: 8.8.8.8

That should do you, put that in with your network access disc Smile