Devil May Cry 1/3: Randomly taunting/switching weapons
For some weird reason, I can't stop taunting. Even if I don't press the taunt button (Right trigger), Dante still randomly starts taunting and I'm unable to move during the animation. It's especially annoying during battles, because since I can't move, I'm getting hit. I've tried reconfiguring my gamepad plugin (lilypad), but no luck.

Sponsored links

You could just have a "too heavy hand syndrome" and break your trigger;p, open lilypad, select your gamepad on the list at the bottom and click test device(or use any other software which can test it). Find right trigger on the list and look at the value near it, if it's ocassionally rising above 0.000 without you pressing it, well then you probably need to replace it or it's some strange driver problem.
Are you using a DS3? Sony's controllers are ***** this generation. My Sixaxis has a thumbstick that always gets stuck in one direction and one of my DS3's has an R2 trigger that activates at the slightest tap
(01-29-2013, 01:16 PM)synce Wrote: Are you using a DS3? Sony's controllers are ***** this generation. My Sixaxis has a thumbstick that always gets stuck in one direction and one of my DS3's has an R2 trigger that activates at the slightest tap

I'm using a Logitech F710 wireless gamepad. I do have some DS3s though.

(01-29-2013, 06:10 AM)miseru99 Wrote: You could just have a "too heavy hand syndrome" and break your trigger;p, open lilypad, select your gamepad on the list at the bottom and click test device(or use any other software which can test it). Find right trigger on the list and look at the value near it, if it's ocassionally rising above 0.000 without you pressing it, well then you probably need to replace it or it's some strange driver problem.

The only value that changes is the z-axis when I pull the trigger, (from 0.500 to 0.002) but now I'm getting the same issue in DMC 3, except with weapon switching (which is what's mapped to the trigger). I've noticed that what causes it is when I hold R1 and pull down on the left stick, which is used for a lot of combos. I don't touch R2 at all when it happens.

I tried doing the same thing with lilypad open, but the z-axis that changes when I pull the trigger doesn't change when I press R1 and pull down the stick.

I've attached a screenshot of what my lilypad values are when I'm not pressing any buttons.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Don't really have those dmc games, but have logitech from same series(just the wired version), and from disassembling it for cleaning I can say those triggers are the most delicate thing there. On test it looks completely normal, exactly same as mine, jut to be sure that it doesn't happen only ingame you could try switching the pad to DirectInput(with that handy switch at it's back;3) as it basically will disable analog function of those triggers and if it was the case it could potentially help(or at least help confirming it's not faulty pad).

Well, but if it always happens when certain other keys are pressed in game and same thing does never happen outside of the game, then I'm totally clueless, never saw nor heard about similar problem with lilypad or pcsx2. @_@ In case it could be lilypad bug, you could try Pokopom, very handy pad plugin that doesn't even need setting keys, requires xbox pad or compatible, soo make sure your logitech is set on XInput if you try it.
(02-03-2013, 01:56 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Don't really have those dmc games, but have logitech from same series(just the wired version), and from disassembling it for cleaning I can say those triggers are the most delicate thing there. On test it looks completely normal, exactly same as mine, jut to be sure that it doesn't happen only ingame you could try switching the pad to DirectInput(with that handy switch at it's back;3) as it basically will disable analog function of those triggers and if it was the case it could potentially help(or at least help confirming it's not faulty pad).

Well, but if it always happens when certain other keys are pressed in game and same thing does never happen outside of the game, then I'm totally clueless, never saw nor heard about similar problem with lilypad or pcsx2. @_@ In case it could be lilypad bug, you could try Pokopom, very handy pad plugin that doesn't even need setting keys, requires xbox pad or compatible, soo make sure your logitech is set on XInput if you try it.

Switched to Pokopom and it's happening way less often. I noticed my triggers are super-sensitive, even if I lightly brush the edge of the triggers with my finger the weapons switch, so I'm being careful and it's not being as big a nuisance as before. Thanks!