Devil May Cry 3 - Problem persists
Are you going to tell pcsx2 users that from now on the development team are dropping the DirectX and continue on OpenGL only?
Aww okay, That's a pain. Even though my hd graphics 5500 worked well, I didn't know before that integrated graphics chips aren't this compatible.

Edit : I forgot to say I'm quite sure that my driver is up to date
because I downloaded the driver from here : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product...Processors
Which the date released of driver can be seen.

Sponsored links

We don't plan on dropping DirectX. Some games perform better in DX11 but for most; OpenGL is faster and much more portable to other systems, so it makes sense to support it. If Intel decides to do anything with OpenGL is their thing. I can't play any games on my 2nd PC (Lenovo Thinkpad) because it uses Intel HD Graphics. The problem is that Intel driver doesn't properly support all the extension for PCSX2.

Using GL_View 4.4 I found that Intel HD Graphics doesn't support
Code:
GL_ARB_direct_state_access
which is a mandatory GL extension required by PCSX2
This topic is not intended to criticize the OpenGL. I heard its reputation since the first Half-Life game. I wish I could use it, but it's impossible for my PC.

To summarize this topic, the problem is not of the OpenGL's new features? PCSX2 development team has spent most of their time on focusing the OpenGL plugin. The problem was fixed in OpenGL (Hardware) but the team doesn't have enough time to fix / do the same on DirectX9 and 11. And no one can say when will this be done.
OpenGL can do stuff that Dx9/Dx11 can't do. Even with illimited time, it won't work on Dx. Unfortunately, you're only option is to complain on Intel Forum/reddit/twitter/last trending social network so they deliver a working driver with full features (I don't even ask gl extension from 2015/2016). Let's be honest, one of the missing extension can be purely implemented in the driver (no dependency with the HW). It mens that either
* they deliver you a driver based on old code (which could explain why Haswell is good)
* they disabled the extension on purpose to force you to buy new GPU

AMD provides 10 more supports with 10 time less money, so something is definitively wrong here. If nobody complains, nothing will change.
You did notice this is a regression and not just the lack of some OGL feature right?
(09-21-2016, 08:18 PM)FlatOut Wrote: You did notice this is a regression and not just the lack of some OGL feature right?

What ?
(09-22-2016, 11:01 AM)gregory Wrote: What ?
The game worked fine in DX9 in older 1.3.1 git builds, so it's a regression.
Add here https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/blob/mast...he.cpp#L98
Code:
if (!CanConvertDepth()) {
     throw GSDXRecoverableError();
}
/omg wow that source code .....

Anyway, at least I must thank everyone here for letting me know about the drama among those big company names. I have to think more thoroughly next time when I buy a new Notebook-PC

This notebook btw, was bought by the reason that it has only integrated GPU which I thought it consumes less power, able to last longer than a notebook with Nvidia/AMD GPU. And its performance isn't bad. I always play PS2 games only with native resolution, no further plugin modification required. Always get 60fps without any slowdown + able to do a recording while playing games.

So, the next PC I will buy must have an Nvidia/AMD GPU in order to play the game with OpenGL and get the actual latest features implemented by the team. But since my income isn't that much, it maybe 4 or 5 years later .....
Hum, I wrongly assumed that flatout got the game. The issue is that Dx emulate half of draw call. If you try to do a bit more you can fix some games but break others. Maybe I will revert the code, it was done to fix another issue with GTA.