Devil May Cry 3 (SE) - Black Screen
I am having issues getting Devil May Cry III SE running. I get through the title screen and intro perfectly fine with no issues at all, but as soon as the scene with the pizza fight ends, I get a black screen and after 3 seconds the audio stops, and I assume the emulator is frozen.

I have tried running this 4919 and 0.9.8 and I get the same issues with both.

I have enabled the EE Timing Hack as other posts have pointed out, but still the same issue.

The GFX plugin I am using is GSdx 4915 0.1.16

Any help please guys and gals?
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU @ 3.30GHz (4CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
GFX Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Sound: Realtek HD Audio (Onboard)

Sponsored links

the game should run flawless ...

just to be sure delete the inis folder to run PCSX2 at default settings Smile
PCSX2 settings? plugin settings? any kind of error in the log window when you get the problem?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(09-28-2011, 10:27 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: PCSX2 settings? plugin settings? any kind of error in the log window when you get the problem?

All settings on default after downloading the latest of both emulators, and plugins on default too.

Just getting the log errors now, let me see what I get.

CDVD READ ERROR, sector = 0x00201a7e
CDVD READ ERROR, sector = 0x00201a4e

This is the same for both the disc version and the burnt ISO I made from it.
Well it's pretty obvious I guess...your ISO image is bad. Remake the ISO from your original DVD using imgburn then use the internal ISO reader of PCSX2 to run it (do NOT mount it to any other external program like Daemon tools)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-28-2011, 11:56 PM)Bositman Wrote: Well it's pretty obvious I guess...your ISO image is bad. Remake the ISO from your original DVD using imgburn then use the internal ISO reader of PCSX2 to run it (do NOT mount it to any other external program like Daemon tools)

I remade the ISO, and I don't mount the image, I just use the inbuilt ISO loader to run the games.

Have remade the ISO using 2 different ISO makers now, including the one that works for all my other backups, but it still doesn't seem to work. Thank you for the advice though.

Also "Well it's pretty obvious I guess" may seem like a valid point, but if it was obvious, I wouldn't ask it. I am not too tech savvy, but I can work out basic stuff, however in this case, after alot of fiddling, I am still stuck, so would appreciate any help, while understanding that not everyone knows as much as you do about emulation.

I might have to resort to a download on this one though, which I don't really want to do, it just baffles me as the original plays fine on my PS2 (testing it right now) and I am able to progress past this stopping point.
I actually have this game and know for sure it works perfectly. The CDVD read error shows that it is indeed a reading error and since the game is known to work from start to finish I can't imagine it being anything else than the image or the disc damaged. Also you should not need ANY game fix for this game and that it should also work with default settings. Maybe post the CRC of the game and the SLUSXXXX(SLESXXXX,SCAJXXXX depends on the region) filename (you can find it in the DVDs contents) where XXXXX are numbers
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-29-2011, 02:29 AM)Bositman Wrote: I actually have this game and know for sure it works perfectly. The CDVD read error shows that it is indeed a reading error and since the game is known to work from start to finish I can't imagine it being anything else than the image or the disc damaged. Also you should not need ANY game fix for this game and that it should also work with default settings. Maybe post the CRC of the game and the SLUSXXXX(SLESXXXX,SCAJXXXX depends on the region) filename (you can find it in the DVDs contents) where XXXXX are numbers

I am happy that it works for you, but it doesn't for me. For the time being I will leave it, as I decided against downloading the game. Stupid Moral Compass.

If I can find a friend with a copy of the game though, I will see if theirs works. The disc I have doesn't appear damaged or scratched in any way though, and I gave it a little brush over with a cleaning solution (specifically for PS2 DVD discs) just to make sure, but I still get a black screen after the pizza fight on the emulator only Sad
download clonyXXL and run the Disk Error Scan with a 1 sector gap.
Use Alcohol 120% (or 52%, the free version). This program will stop and generate an error when it finds that your disc is broken. Last month I played Final Front (CoD5) on my PS2 and the PS2 hung. So I decided to make an image to play on PCSX2 but what I got was a bad disc error, something like "cannot read sector xxx".

(09-28-2011, 11:56 PM)Bositman Wrote: ... Remake the ISO from your original DVD using imgburn then use the internal ISO reader of PCSX2 to run it (do NOT mount it to any other external program like Daemon tools)
Why? I used to do this when I started using PCSX2 because I did not want to allow PCSX2 to directly access the image file. I feared it would do something with the image Happy. I never trust any software at first use you know. But I have never encountered any issue doing this. Basically it is like you insert a real disc to the drive at 999x reading speed instead of 8x Tongue.