Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diablo 3 dbl question
I.
does single player mode in Diablo 3 has network lag??
if you internet connection is too slow.
and i didnt play during beta stage yet.

II.
if you purchased the retail($60~)[currently pre-order]
do you still need to pay monthly subscription for both single and multi
e.g. SC2's prepaid cards
Main Hub:i5-4670(3.4Ghz Factory Clocked),ATi Radeon HD7770(GDDR5+128-bit+1GB),Win 10 SL(x64),ASUS H8M-E,8GB DDR3 RAM

Sponsored links

I. I played the open beta last weekend (which was a nightmare to log in to lol) and the lag meter in the corner said 200-300ms at some points, but to be honest you dont feel a thing. Everything in single playermode as far as i know is local, only battlenet chat is remote.

II. Diablo 3 is free to play, it always has been Smile
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
thanks for providing all the info
better wait about 2 weeks away till the servers will be live.
Main Hub:i5-4670(3.4Ghz Factory Clocked),ATi Radeon HD7770(GDDR5+128-bit+1GB),Win 10 SL(x64),ASUS H8M-E,8GB DDR3 RAM
There is a always on system.

You're always connected to Battle.net, and no, it's not local. It's not like Diablo II, you're playing on their servers, even if you create a "private game".

It's to prevent dupes and cheats.
Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHZ, 8GB RAM 1866MHZ, 1080 GTX Strix, 128GB Samsung 830 SSD + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo SSD +  2 1TB HDDs.) Windows 7 64-bit Professional
My point was it feels like it processes it all locally then tells the server what its doing, cos there is no lag between you clicking the button and the mobs getting thwacked, even when the little bar was yellow for lag Tongue
so it's similar w/ the likes of the MMOs network lag can kill you.
so even a single player mode if there is also an exp/gold's toll if you died?
you "Can" suffer from lag issues but under 300ms its barely even noticable, if at all. As i say i personally didnt feel any lag and it was going yellow. Considering the beta was in the states and im in the UK, thats pretty good going. When the servers are local it will be much better.

As to the second question, i never died so i couldnt tell you ;p