Did overclocking might help? Dual Core e4500 / Gran Turismo 4
So i have e4500 intel 2 core processor (2,2 GHz) and after hours of trying much settings and plugins i finally run Gran Turismo 4 (GT4 have much better perfomance for me then GT3 the difference is even about 20 FPS.

Ok so now i have best setting for my PC (i think its best) and i run GT4 PAL in 50 FPS in menu, 47-48 FPS when i look on car and only 41-43 on race. 
I don't think i can get more FPS in settings so i wanna ask you did if i overclock my CPU this might help? I think about 2,8-3 GHz (if my cooler do job ofc). 
Should i try? 47-48 FPS is not bad and if i get FPS like that on race i would by happy.

Sorry i dont post my full spec
Intel Core e4500 2,2 GHz
Nvidia GTX 460 SE 1 GB
4 GB Ram DDR4

Sponsored links

if your cooler is good enough, you should manage somewhere between 3-3.4Ghz on that cpu which should help a bit Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Hey thanks i gonna try OC tomorrow. But i dont think to make 3,4 Ghz coz i use BOX coller. Also now in my country is super hot everywhere. Anyway i hope this gonna help.
Even with a strong overclock on that CPU you will get maybe 4 fps boost. even with a 8350 OC'd to 5 ghz it gave me a 2-4 fps boost and it was twice as strong as yours. Hell I am amazed you get that fps as is. You can get a little more out of it but you won't get a 15-20 fps boost so don't expect much.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

(07-11-2016, 11:35 AM)JobeStroud Wrote: Even with a strong overclock on that CPU you will get maybe 4 fps boost. even with a 8350 OC'd to 5 ghz it gave me a 2-4 fps boost and it was twice as strong as yours. Hell I am amazed you get that fps as is. You can get a little more out of it but you won't get a 15-20 fps boost so don't expect much.
But that 8350 is an AMD CPU, it might do better on Intel. Tongue With 41 fps in races currently that overclock might get it sticking close to 50.
True, It may do better. That threaded performance is a huge issue for that CPU. Yes I had AMD due to the hype when it came out. Stupid me. Still He may get 5 fps. Just don't expect game changing results is all I am saying.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

Nah i OC to 3,3 Ghz and cant get more (coller stop do job) but that don't help a much. Now i can look into car on full 50 FPS right but on race i get 44-45 fps and its still unplayable. Also i see on license i get only 30-40 FPS idk why. Anyway this game wanna eat more Ghz than i have so no way to play
Yeah the game is quite heavy, your older chip isn't really cut out for the kind of loads that game wants. If you can drop in a Q6600, you'll be laughing (at least harder than now Tongue) the MTVU speedhack works pretty well on this game and if you can get 3.4Ghz OC out of that chip, it should run butter smooth
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]