Different Versions of PCSX2 for certain games
I was checking the compatibility list tonight and I was wondering that if a game is listed as working with an earlier version of the emulator will it still work with the newer version and if not is it possible to have multiple versions of PCSX2 installed on the same PC and just set each game to boot with the correct release of the emulator?

Sponsored links

1) Games listed with earlier versions of the emulator just have not been tested recently, chances are that if it worked before it will still work in new versions/revisions, but it's not always the case and there are exceptions of course.
2) Yes you can have multiple versions of PCSX2 in your PC, I doubt you can set each game to boot with a "correct" emulator since it's lots of the time user preference, but yeah you can have multiple folders and each for each game if you want it like that (sounds tedious for me Tongue2).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(01-14-2011, 07:07 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: 1) Games listed with earlier versions of the emulator just have not been tested recently, chances are that if it worked before it will still work in new versions/revisions, but it's not always the case and there are exceptions of course.
2) Yes you can have multiple versions of PCSX2 in your PC, I doubt you can set each game to boot with a "correct" emulator since it's lots of the time user preference, but yeah you can have multiple folders and each for each game if you want it like that (sounds tedious for me Tongue2).

Well if it works like other emulators then if I just make the PS2 game a file on my pc I should be able to specify which program it opens with correct? I may be wrong as I don't have really any experience with PCSX2.