Direct3D 11 issue in certain games since v1.7.5704
Hello dear PCSX2-Team,

i have noticed a problem with the Direct3D 11 renderer in certain games that is the same everywhere. Games can flicker as shown in the downloadable content. I actually wanted to attach a picture, but it does not show the effects of the issue well enough.

Games:
Zombie Zone [PAL-E] (SLES_533.98 / CRC = A2316D03)
Zombie Hunters [PAL-E] (SLES_544.61 / CRC = 3F73B727)
Zombie Hunters 2 [PAL-E] (SLES_545.69 / CRC = 07608CA2)
and maybe more

First affected PCSX2-Version: PCSX2 v1.7.5704 and above
Last working PCSX2-Version: PCSX2 v1.7.5703 and below

Multi Frame GS-Dumps + Video: https://www.file-upload.net/download-153...i.zip.html

I have tested the GS dumps and strangely enough one of the games sometimes do not flicker in the dumps. Blink

Sponsored links

I'm unable to reproduce the flicker in any of the dumps.
Very strange. The question remains as to whether this is a true issue or not. Is it still possible to deduce something?
I'd first try default, then see what setting causes it.
So, i downloaded a fresh PCSX2 version and started the games with all global settings and ONLY switched to the Direct3D 11 renderer and unfortunately the problem remained the same. For Zombie Zone and Zombie Hunters the included No Interlacing patch seems to help as a workaround and for Zombie Hunters 2 it remains unchanged despite a No Interlacing patch, but these patches can cause graphical issues on the loading screen of the three games. I hope that this incidental information can help. Oh, and why do i use this renderer for certain games? Because in some games, this renderer is a bit faster than the others in my case. Smile