Direct3D10/11 (Hardware) mode missing
(01-09-2012, 10:41 PM)AngelFlonne Wrote: I just did the DXSETUP.EXE update but still no DirectX10 in the settings window, I've a feeling I'm missing something stupid.

lol.
I wondered about this.

I'm not really familiar with Vista, myself, but it does kinda seem like there was some special fix needed for Vista PCSX2 users.

Let me see if I can track the info down...

You need a Vista Service Pack update and the platform update to install the latest DirectX 10/11 components on Vista.

See the GSdx thread for links. Smile

Sponsored links

and the 9800GT is a D3D 10 card Smile not 11. Also not to mention, the 9800 series were quite huge troublemakers. My friend had one but was running windows 7 and apparently there were major hardware/compatibility problems with it. Also it's always recommended to update to your latest drivers.
the 9800 series doesn't have any driver issues, it has hardware issues.

a weak/brittle solder was used which results in fracturing over a duration of heat / cool cycles.
OK thanks everyone. Please note my user name has changed from Laharl Excl. I couldn't get the forum to recognize my email address so created a second account (Laharl) so I could join up. Bositman kindly migrated my account into the original (AngelFlonne) one for me.

So I'll take another look at it tonight then. I appreciate the help, I'll start with your thread @Rezard, hopefully it will have the fix. I'll post back with the results later...
(01-09-2012, 10:41 PM)AngelFlonne Wrote: Hey thanks everyone, guess I should put it down for a weekend when I'm not reliant on my PC. My RAM is ECC, I know its slower but I wanted the stability back when I built this PC as my previous PC broke down and it took me several RMA's and one nightmare to find the cause (the AMD CPU's).

I just did the DXSETUP.EXE update but still no DirectX10 in the settings window, I've a feeling I'm missing something stupid.

Aye, you're using windows vista instead of 7 Tongue

(01-09-2012, 11:06 PM)Rezard Wrote: You need a Vista Service Pack update and the platform update to install the latest DirectX 10/11 components on Vista.

See the GSdx thread for links. Smile

Platform Update
OK looks like that's the cause then, thanks. I don't usually bother with the MS updates as I find they sometimes cause more trouble than they fix but that seems to be it. Will feed back...
(01-11-2012, 10:53 AM)AngelFlonne Wrote: OK looks like that's the cause then, thanks. I don't usually bother with the MS updates as I find they sometimes cause more trouble than they fix but that seems to be it. Will feed back...

the worst approach to applications that a PC user can have. Sadly, too many people think that updates are BAD. Better to read if that particular update is good or bad, than just not installing it, ever.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K [email protected]
RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3 2x4GB 1600Mhz CL9
GPU: Gainward Radeon HD4850 GDDR3 512MB @675/2100
Some Microsoft Updates are causing more problems then good, but then again no software is 100% perfect.
Success Laugh Its working 100%, DirectX10 is available in the menu and working and best of all it was worth the effort because the performance boost is enough to eliminate all slow down. Very impressive project.

So it was the missing Vista updates as suggested that were the problem. Thanks everyone for taking the time to solve it. This is fantastic, now I can play my legitimate games under emulation. I bought a cheap controller adaptor off Amazon a week ago and it appears to work without any problems.

Good deal. Smile