Direct3D11 (Hardware) brightness/color issue
I am having a specific problem with the Direct3D11 (Hardware) renderer. 

I have tried switching and screenshotting all 4 of these renderers for many games for comparisons. For the Direct3D11, the colors and brightness, in varying amounts, are almost always incorrect looking, or don't look as good as Software Mode, Direct3D9, or the OpenGL renderers colors do. Normally its not that bad and hardly noticeable without comparing or screenshotting, but on some games the difference is just ridiculous and VERY obvious.

Direct3D9 renderer has the colors a lot more like the software mode, but I usually get pretty bad lag/fps with the Direct3D9 renderer. I would just use this one if it were not for that lower speed/fps problem.

OpenGL looks great and works great for most games. There are a couple games I want to play and have, that it gives very slow fps or I cannot get full speed out of it unless in Native or low resolution. This is generally when I use the Direct3D11 renderer.

This is where I have been hitting my snag. I like the colors and more accurate rendering in the OpenGL mode for this specific game, but it is very slow in comparison to Direct3D11 for this game. I like the more corrected colors and brightness, but no matter what I try I cannot get this Direct3D11 to look anything like Software mode or Direct3D9. I even played around with the shader settings, and made some custom ones. I was able to get the colors a bit better, but I could not get rid of this brightness/white tint that the Direct3D9 and Direct3D11 renderers seem to have in them.

Is this just a general issue with Direct3D11? I have tried this in multiple versions of the emulator and on different machines. The same thing seems to be happening on them all. I also tried a couple different versions of the GSdx32 plugins and this still happens. None of the hacks seem to have any effect on this either, I have tried them all on and off.

This is about the most obvious example I can find with the games I own. It happens in just about every game but this game is very obvious and easy to see what I am talking about.

Direct3D11

OpenGL

Direct3D9

Software Mode

Okay so if you look closely or check the OpenGL and or the Software Mode, you will see they are pretty identical color and brightness wise, even if not perfect. OpenGL has a slight bit more white tint/brightness to it, but its not so bad, or I can reduce it with a custom shader if I wish. it is also rendering things better for this game and does for most others as well. This is why I prefer OpenGL.

Direct3D9 is pretty identical to Software Mode color wise, but you get that brightness issue I was talking about. It is much brighter and I could not seem to remove the white tint/brightness on the image.

Direct3D11 also has that bright white tint over it and its colors are slightly different for just about every game I try to use it on. For this particular game it seems to have darkened everything, but kept the bright white tint over the entire image. I would not mind this so much if I could remove that white tint/brightness issue over the image. Sometimes it has different colors, but they look about the same for this game, just very dark. Less darkening and they would probly be more identical.

Do I have to deal with this or can I remove that white tint and or brightness off of the Direct3D11 renderer?

Sponsored links

unless you using amd card you should be using opengl, I dont really think DX11 is really as update as opengl is as for issue go, I think Gregory had his way and AMD opengl support didnt suck opengl might be only api used lol
(06-12-2017, 02:18 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: unless you using amd card  you should be using opengl, I dont really think DX11 is really as update as opengl is as for issue go, I think Gregory had his way and AMD opengl support didnt suck opengl might be only api used lol

That didn't really answer my question and I already use OpenGL when possible as I said above. It's the first thing I try to use and get working. There are however a few games that will not run at full speed with OpenGL and I have to use DX9 or DX11 to get full speeds as I stated above. That's why I am asking the above question.

I really want to adjust that white tint/brightness down that DX9 or DX11 causes.
Did you use/enable accurate blending to obtain correct color ?

DX is fast because it emulates garbage. OpenGL is much more accurate but slower. You can try to tune the various option to accelerate OpenGL (because you don't necessary need all the accuracy features).
yes it did like said I DX11 render is no where and near as accurate as OpenGL Almost all Render changes for pcsx2 is for OpenGL pretty much the one person dedicated to this is gregory , which is pretty much on linux and there for OpenGL, I dont think we have dedicated person for DX11/9 that was "gabest" but i not sure he really active anymore. What lil changes to accuracy that dome to DX11 is solo do so some person try to back port the OpenGL changes to DX11 which rare.

and to add to what gregory said some games in OpenGL need diffrent CRC hack level to run full speeds, VP2 is one them with wrong level it will run really slow.
(06-12-2017, 04:40 PM)gregory Wrote: Did you use/enable accurate blending to obtain correct color ?

DX is fast because it emulates garbage. OpenGL is much more accurate but slower. You can try to tune the various option to accelerate OpenGL (because you don't necessary need all the accuracy features).

DX11 does not have an accurate blending option. 

My question was about DX11 Colors and Brightness, not OpenGL.
as gregory said :
Quote:DX is fast because it emulates garbage
hence the bad colors you get.
tried tinkering the shadeboost options in gsdx config ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-12-2017, 11:30 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: yes it did like said I DX11 render is no where and near as accurate as OpenGL Almost all Render changes for pcsx2 is for OpenGL  pretty much the one person dedicated to this is gregory ,  which is pretty much on linux and there for OpenGL, I dont think we have dedicated  person for  DX11/9 that was "gabest" but i not sure he really active anymore. What lil changes to accuracy that dome to DX11 is solo do so some person try to back port the OpenGL changes to DX11 which rare.

and to add to what gregory said some games in OpenGL need diffrent CRC hack level to run full speeds, VP2 is one them with wrong level it will run really slow.

Try to do an effort on the English side. It is quite hard to decipher you.

VP2 CRC hack was moved back to GL level too until someone find a better solution.