Direct3D9
I have an issue playing dragon quest 8 for PS2, i get perfect framerate using Direct3D9 [Hardware] but when i see certain monsters they have black boxes around them (like they were poorly copied into the game from the sprite bin) and with [Software] mode everything is sharper, cleaner and no black boxes however i get about 52FPS instead of 60~61, what can i do to fix this? (or is there a way to fix the black box situation without changing Direct3D9 settings?)

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
example http://puu.sh/9figp/5804c5e61e.jpg

AMDFX™-4100 Quad Core 4.05GHz
8GRAM W7
i have 2 gpu's, Nvidia GEFORCE 8400GS and GT 630
PCSX1.21
Dragon quest 8 ISO
ok.
Your CPU is a bit weak for pcsx2, the GT630 isn't great either.
but i wonder... Since it supports dx11, why aren't you using dx11 renderer instead of dx9 ?
dx11 makes alot of extra scenere randomly flicker/dissappear as if it has a boundry issue (walls that have textures you can see the individual squares clearly and angle of view makes them dissappear) i get the best results on dx9 and the weak CPU may be the reason [software] is slower?
IIRC, FMVs have to be rendered in software mode. You should enable the gamefix that automatically switches to software mode when an FMV occurs.

About the other problems. Are you sure you aren't using non-default settings ? can you please post pictures of your pcsx2 settings ?
Can you please post the emulog.txt too ?
DX11 of gsdx has issue with flickering/missing textures in DQ8 ( sure it effects other games too) with newer drivers then 337.xx might be earlier drivers too its driver issue ( turn off shader cache does not fix missing textures either), much like the stretch/zoom issue happen with some games that stretch back to anything new then 332.xx drivers.

As for that black box like in your screen shots, I dont have that issue in dx 9

BTW i still using 5927 snv ( have not touched the new git builds probably wont till the build bot is up again) and 337.50 drivers.

yes CPU can be issue in software mode special if not powerfull enough you can try 3 extra renders threads for software it might help some