DirectX 11
Hi,
I have DirectX 11 installed+Vista+DirectX 11 GPU ATI5850

When i change the output mode in GSDX to D11 it crashes the emulator.

Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks
99000K | Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 | 64GB DDR4 | GTX 2080Ti | Sound Blaster X3

Sponsored links

Nope. DX11 is an experimental driver implementation in GSdx. Don't use it. (and even when it doesn't crash, it just uses the exact same codebase as DX10, so it would be no better than using DX10 for now).
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(10-18-2009, 12:24 AM)Air Wrote: Nope. DX11 is an experimental driver implementation in GSdx. Don't use it. (and even when it doesn't crash, it just uses the exact same codebase as DX10, so it would be no better than using DX10 for now).

Thank you for replay.

I wonder if GSDX will benefit from D11?
I know the PC gaming scene is very excited with the new features of D11
PC gaming scene always goes apeshit for new directX versions even when the vast majority of games don't use them, or use equivalent shaders that available in previous versions.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(10-18-2009, 02:26 AM)Koji Wrote: PC gaming scene always goes apeshit for new directX versions even when the vast majority of games don't use them, or use equivalent shaders that available in previous versions.

D11 is much different and have new cool features. Only GPGPU is worth it..
Quote:Microsoft unveiled Direct3D 11 at the Gamefest 08 event in Seattle, with the major scheduled features including GPGPU support (DirectCompute), tessellation support, and improved multi-threading support to assist video game developers in developing games that better utilize multi-core processors. Parts of the new API such as multi-threaded resource handling can be supported on Direct3D 9/10/10.1-class hardware. Hardware tessellation and Shader Model 5.0 will require Direct3D 11 supporting hardware.

P.S. Also dont forget emulation, in past if you had D10 game and D9 card it wont run, now D11 game will run on D10 card and emulate or disable the unsupported features.
That's exactly what the DX10 games did...

If you didn't have a DX10 card, you didn't get the DX10 features. This won't be any different. The hardware tesselation thing is pretty cool, yeah, but the "advanced multi-core" whatsit...I won't be holding my breath about it being super awesome.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(10-18-2009, 11:06 PM)Karas Wrote:
(10-18-2009, 02:26 AM)Koji Wrote: PC gaming scene always goes apeshit for new directX versions even when the vast majority of games don't use them, or use equivalent shaders that available in previous versions.

D11 is much different and have new cool features. Only GPGPU is worth it..
Quote:Microsoft unveiled Direct3D 11 at the Gamefest 08 event in Seattle, with the major scheduled features including GPGPU support (DirectCompute), tessellation support, and improved multi-threading support to assist video game developers in developing games that better utilize multi-core processors. Parts of the new API such as multi-threaded resource handling can be supported on Direct3D 9/10/10.1-class hardware. Hardware tessellation and Shader Model 5.0 will require Direct3D 11 supporting hardware.

P.S. Also dont forget emulation, in past if you had D10 game and D9 card it wont run, now D11 game will run on D10 card and emulate or disable the unsupported features.

lol, DX11 can send naked hookers round and you all snort coke for free, contain the meaning of life and the universe itself, or even predict next week's lottery numbers, if the Devs don't support it then it's no better than a glorified DX9 card.
Like I've said in the past, the money is in the Consoles, the Ipod Touch/IPhone, and even the mobiles, it's not in the ever-shrinking PC market. Any Dev making a game where a DX11-based PC is the main development platform, is taking a huge risk getting their investment back.

Whats really funny is that Devs like Naughty Dog are squeezing more out of DX9 tech, thats 2 generations old, with Uncharted 2 on PS3, than PC devs are out of DX10 and DX11, although its obviously too early to tell with DX11.
And, although I know I will enjoy Stalker: Call of Pripyat, I'm not going to miss a few "rounder" items that a few PC nerds are currently drooling over, across the interweb.
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
There's a new Stalker game coming out?
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Yep, released only in Russia, for the moment.

http://cop.stalker-game.com/

Heres hoping for less bugs, A.I. that can't magically see for miles in pitch black darkness, and A.I. that have amazing accuracy and yet you somehow do not. Still, I loved the atmosphere of the previous two games, that and these are the last true PC-centric shooters/rpg.
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
I only briefly played the first two, but the were very enjoyable. Thinking about loading them up again, but I do remember all the issues.