DirectX 11
(05-05-2014, 07:27 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: There is nothing to fix, that processor has support only to AVX, not to AVX2.

About the Program files... you'll find out in time, for now I'm kind of tired repeating the near infinite problems it brings, for years now. Besides there are tons of threads about it in this forums and almost every gaming forums over there... Inclusive Steam has now the option to install outside it even if the Steam itself was installed in there already.

Uh, and exactly what does that mean, I can't use DirectX 11 in pcsx 2 without AVX2 support? Or I need to do something to use it?
I am kind of confused here o-o

And about program files.. well, been gaming since 98 or so and hadn't got a single problem related to program files path..
Especially considering how I had many problems with documents paths, due to non english OS being as dumb as to change their document path to own language and mess up some save file paths...

But that's out of topic anyway, just want to know if I should stick to DX9 or there is a possibility to do something? O-o

Sponsored links

(05-05-2014, 07:15 PM)Hentaicheg Wrote: EDIT: any idea why it displays the same video card 2 times btw? Pretty weird, especially since one of them doesn't have anything cept directx9 selectable.

the second is probably the HD 3000 with the optimus switchable driver tag on it. it's mosdef listed as dx9 due to being ruled out by lack of feature support.

this issue is still about: you gotta use the avx plugin.
(05-05-2014, 07:35 PM)dabore Wrote: the second is probably the HD 3000 with the optimus switchable driver tag on it. it's mosdef listed as dx9 due to being ruled out by lack of feature support.

this issue is still about: you gotta use the avx plugin.

I am already asking 3rd time about this exact avx plugin and very confused what to do...
Well, I am quite sure, but if I am right, then that doesn't help...

Just to make sure, we are talking about this: ?
[Image: pcsx2_2.jpg]

I don't even see the option to select AVX2 here, if that's it.. and no matter which of those I select - every works with DX 9, none works with DX 11
Dabore's reply is more knowledgeable than I ever knew about that specific issue of the HD3000 (if it is being used).

But, supposing you have another video card in your rig it can be selected in the gsdx plugin as well, and must be done if is the case. Then, using the avx plugin version you should be able to use directX 10/11.

The plugin detects the onboard card if the (PC) BIOS reports it active even if there is another video card in the machine, that's specially true in some laptops.

Your reply came while writing the previous, the plugins rescan already ruled out you being allowed to use the avx2, so that problem was solved already.

About the DX11, I can't tell much if the onboard card is the only one.
Imagination is where we are truly real
better use sse 4.1 anyways. avx is usefuk for software mode only...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Well, most laptops nowadays have this 2nd intel HD video card, which is being used when on low performance or if selected to do so manually..
My intel HD card is something like.. Intel HD graphics family or something, should be similiar to 3000, but it doesn't even matter much, since it's not being used, I guess..
A little economy if reading word files or such.

I do use the right click and launch with the Nvidia high performance graphic card as default for all of my games though..

It's giving me AVX2 error no matter what plugin I use(I can't even select AVX2 as plugin as seen above), so not sure what's the issue... maybe I should delete the avx2 dll, guess I will try it..
(05-05-2014, 07:53 PM)Hentaicheg Wrote: It's giving me AVX2 error no matter what plugin I use(I can't even select AVX2 as plugin as seen above), so not sure what's the issue... maybe I should delete the avx2 dll, guess I will try it..

yes. in while edit Laugh

delete the avx2 one. should fix detection thing. Wink
Reading skills are questionable. i commend mod's on there patience and willingness to not force "did you read these stickies" prompt before letting new user post.
Okays, deleted avx2 plugin, and now it doesn't show the avx2 plugin error... but it still doesn't let me launch DX11, heh..

Now instead of

(pxActionEvent) GS plugin failed to open!(thread:MTGS)(thread:EE Core)

it gives

(pxActionEvent) GS plugin failed to open!(thread:MTGS)(SaveSinglePlugin)

when trying to launch the DX 11.. hmm..
use sse41..