DirectX 11
So I took the leap and installed WIndows 7 a few days ago. In running DxDiag, I saw that the displayed version of DirectX was 11. Curious, I looked it up, and came across a slew of information, none of which I understood. Obviously I'm not expecting to see it implemented for some time, if at all. However, in your opinions, are there any new features that have been added in the new version that will boost performance in PCSX2, or at least help you guys out as far as coding or troubleshooting? Because I did read that many of the new features of DX11 would be backwards compatible with all DX10 hardware, which is nice. Just wanna know if I should be looking forward to its official release or not.

Sponsored links

unlikely itll help, directx 10 already provides pretty much everything that would be needed for PS2 emulation, so i cant see directx 11 being very advantagous
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Ah, alright cool. Thanks.
Anything written for dx11 is compatible with dx9 or dx10 level cards, as long as new features like shader model 5.0 aren't used.
(05-31-2009, 05:25 AM)zatara214 Wrote: So I took the leap and installed WIndows 7 a few days ago. In running DxDiag, I saw that the displayed version of DirectX was 11. Curious, I looked it up, and came across a slew of information, none of which I understood. Obviously I'm not expecting to see it implemented for some time, if at all. However, in your opinions, are there any new features that have been added in the new version that will boost performance in PCSX2, or at least help you guys out as far as coding or troubleshooting? Because I did read that many of the new features of DX11 would be backwards compatible with all DX10 hardware, which is nice. Just wanna know if I should be looking forward to its official release or not.

OMG direct x 11 really exists?,i dont know about it BlinkBlink
(05-31-2009, 05:14 PM)diegochiha Wrote:
(05-31-2009, 05:25 AM)zatara214 Wrote: So I took the leap and installed WIndows 7 a few days ago. In running DxDiag, I saw that the displayed version of DirectX was 11. Curious, I looked it up, and came across a slew of information, none of which I understood. Obviously I'm not expecting to see it implemented for some time, if at all. However, in your opinions, are there any new features that have been added in the new version that will boost performance in PCSX2, or at least help you guys out as far as coding or troubleshooting? Because I did read that many of the new features of DX11 would be backwards compatible with all DX10 hardware, which is nice. Just wanna know if I should be looking forward to its official release or not.

It hasn't got an official release as of yet, seeing as Windows 7 is still in Beta and we've only got pixel shader 4.0/4.1?. I expect the GT300 series to bring Pixel shader 5.0 to the table, that is if Nvidia's wanting to engage in another performance race with ATI as this year they've failed in general gaming, until later on.
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
(05-31-2009, 05:21 PM)Sythedragon Wrote:
(05-31-2009, 05:14 PM)diegochiha Wrote:

It hasn't got an official release as of yet, seeing as Windows 7 is still in Beta and we've only got pixel shader 4.0/4.1?. I expect the GT300 series to bring Pixel shader 5.0 to the table, that is if Nvidia's wanting to engage in another performance race with ATI as this year they've failed in general gaming, until later on.

OMG so maybe the next year will be pixel shader 11?
DX11 will probably have 4.5 not 5. and DX11 will most likely come with the next set of cards, cause Vista is supposed to have 11 now (with SP2)
I still have DX10 with SP2.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
key word, supposed to.. I didn't check mine yet, been sorting some bugs after upgrading