User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DirectX DLLs required by PCSX2
RexFesto696 Offline

DirectX DLLs required by PCSX2
I want to make my installation of PCSX2 portable, and so I can use it on computers that require administrative privelages (like library computers). The only obstacle barring me from full portability is having to update DirectX, which wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for said administrative privelages.

I know putting certain d3dx9/10/11 DLL files inside the PCSX2 folder works, because I've tried it before. I'd just like to know which specific DLLs the emulator requires, for future reference.
02-17-2010 07:49 PM
Find all posts by this user

Sponsored links

vsub Offline
Posting Freak

RE: DirectX DLLs required by PCSX2
pcsx2 need
gnu_gettext.dll
w32pthreads.dll
msvcr90.dll
mscrp90.dll
but the last two most likely wont be enough just to place them inside pcsx2 directory.There are some more but I doubt that windows which is able to run PS2 games on pcsx2 won't have them(it it possible those two files to be there too)

02-17-2010 08:03 PM
curryking1 Offline

Those aren't DirectX libraries, those are libraries specific for PCSX2 you put in the PCSX2 folder I think.

I don't recommend just dropping DirectX files into C:\Windows\System32\

It does work most of the time, but it is a quick fix when a quick fix isn't that necessary.

You should just go here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

And download the full DirectX setup for your computer, and your DirectX will be completely up to date.

Just download that, package it, and keep it on a USB/flash card/hard drive for any time you do a reinstall of Windows.

Check out my snazzy Youtube channel, with many great PCSX2 emulation videos! Laugh http://www.youtube.com/user/curryking1 Laugh
02-17-2010 09:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
hyperdyne Offline
Banned

hey now it took me-a while to find this thread.. i hereby dub this the IMPORTANT thread cause people here are capable of giving results Laugh

ok so what i need to know is.. the bare minimum exact direct OR opengl-dlls to run.

and for Pete -sake ! can you guys make the program check for dlls within the root folder? i tried my usual method of direct x accelerating (using swiftshader direct x plugins) by puting the required (as asked for through the console info window) direct x dlls in step by step.

and NO i do NOT want to install the full dingus. im sorry but people dont understand what it means to be able to go from pc to pc with the configuration. i cannot reinstall 500 useless dlls when i only need 4 to get all playstation games to work.
________________________________________________________________________________​________________________________________
long story short is : someone tell me where pcsx2 looks for its shared dlls AND OR tell me how to make-an .ini file to change the target lookin directory AND OR what exact directx or opengl/2 dlls it takes to get it to load all the way into an iso.
^^

post note :the opengl2 wrapper via the new guy[http://www.svenswrapper.de/english/downloads.html] runs MUCH faster than direct x .. easy 400 fps {best clamped at 100 for non super machines}
05-03-2012 04:26 AM
Ice Queen Zero Offline
Nobody

make a new thread plizzz

you are bumping 2 years old thread
05-03-2012 04:41 AM
hyperdyne Offline
Banned

(05-03-2012 04:41 AM)kohaku2421 Wrote:  make a new thread plizzz

you are bumping 2 years old thread

okTongue
05-03-2012 04:44 AM
smartstrike Offline
---

(05-03-2012 04:26 AM)hyperdyne Wrote:  hey now it took me-a while to find this thread.. i hereby dub this the IMPORTANT thread cause people here are capable of giving results Laugh

ok so what i need to know is.. the bare minimum exact direct OR opengl-dlls to run.

and for Pete -sake ! can you guys make the program check for dlls within the root folder? i tried my usual method of direct x accelerating (using swiftshader direct x plugins) by puting the required (as asked for through the console info window) direct x dlls in step by step.

and NO i do NOT want to install the full dingus. im sorry but people dont understand what it means to be able to go from pc to pc with the configuration. i cannot reinstall 500 useless dlls when i only need 4 to get all playstation games to work.
________________________________________________________________________________​________________________________________
long story short is : someone tell me where pcsx2 looks for its shared dlls AND OR tell me how to make-an .ini file to change the target lookin directory AND OR what exact directx or opengl/2 dlls it takes to get it to load all the way into an iso.
^^

post note :the opengl2 wrapper via the new guy[http://www.svenswrapper.de/english/downloads.html] runs MUCH faster than direct x .. easy 400 fps {best clamped at 100 for non super machines}

reviving a 2yo thread is no "help"
better close this now!

Main Hub:i5-4670(3.4Ghz),HD7770,Win8.1 SL/x64 Laptop:i7-Q720(1.6Ghz),HD5650,Win7Pro/x64
Tablet:ifiveX2,ARMv7-RK3188(1.6Ghz),ARM Mali-400,2GB DDR3 RAM,16GB Storage,Android 4.4.2(KK)
05-03-2012 05:23 AM
Thread Closed 

Current time: 12-18-2014, 10:32 AM