DirectX Update Hell
No...not sure where this goes, I have tried to solve the problem myself but after three time's I'm at wits end. I realize this may not 'directly' be a PCSX2 problem, but it's related.
Using a windows 7 laptop, and of course when I select the main graphics plugin (GSdx v0.1.16) it asks me to update my card, so I go online, start the web installer for the DirectX SDK...and here's where it get's screwy. Since there are a ton of updates it takes absolutely forever to get going, and every single time, (the last time right before the end of the bar.) I get a message saying.
"Installation failed, could not download file. The network connection failed, check back later."
Or something to that effect...as horribly whiny as I know I'm sounding right now, I just don't want to wait another two hours just to write down the exact wording of the error message is. But as it quits at different points in the install, I can assume the connection simply doesn't hold up through the long time it takes to unload all the updates. It's not the connection with my internet though, as I retain web connection throughout the entire process. (to my knowledge.)

If you know what the issue is, or have a possible solution, would love to hear it...thank you.

(08-10-2011, 12:09 AM)doyouconcur Wrote: No...not sure where this goes, I have tried to solve the problem myself but after three time's I'm at wits end. I realize this may not 'directly' be a PCSX2 problem, but it's related.
Using a windows 7 laptop, and of course when I select the main graphics plugin (GSdx v0.1.16) it asks me to update my card, so I go online, start the web installer for the DirectX SDK...and here's where it get's screwy. Since there are a ton of updates it takes absolutely forever to get going, and every single time, (the last time right before the end of the bar.) I get a message saying.
"Installation failed, could not download file. The network connection failed, check back later."
Or something to that effect...as horribly whiny as I know I'm sounding right now, I just don't want to wait another two hours just to write down the exact wording of the error message is. But as it quits at different points in the install, I can assume the connection simply doesn't hold up through the long time it takes to unload all the updates. It's not the connection with my internet though, as I retain web connection throughout the entire process. (to my knowledge.)

If you know what the issue is, or have a possible solution, would love to hear it...thank you.

Trying it again...I'll take a screen capture when I get a chance.

Sponsored links

Unless you're trying to compile pcsx2 yourself, you don't need DirectX SDKTongue only redistributable: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/det...px?id=8109
or from here(if you prefer web-installer):
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
The Microshit search engine (Bing) always show the DX SDK when searching 'DirectX' from the MS homepage. I do not not what the topic creator is installing, but the DX redist installation wizard always says that it is DirectX SDK.