DirectX and GSdx Plugin
I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 running DirectX 11. My hardware configuration is an Athlon X2 and GeForce 6150 LE so I am trying to configure the GSdx v0.1.14 SSE3. As I attempt to run the DVD, I am asked to "update" DirectX. If I click yes, I am taken to a download for a DirectX 9 SDK. If I click No, I get "The GS plugin failed to open/initiate." Is pcsx2/GSdx just incompatible with DirectX 11 at this point?

Edit: I just realized that I confused the version number of the SDK with the DirectX Versio; however, GSdx still will not open.

Sponsored links

Your card doesn't even support DirectX10 and trying DirectX11 on GSdx would be pointless, you can only use the D3D9 (Hardware) renderer or the software ones.

Did you update DirectX as GSdx told you to?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Also, the GSDX plugin actually said SSSE3 not SSE3. Your CPU does not, and by not I mean NOT, support SSSE3. It only support SSE3. And no it is not a typo. You will just have to use the SSE2 version, which is about the same. Of course, you already know all of this, right?....right? >.>
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
I did install DirectX once I realized my error mentioned above. I then also realized the SSE3/SSSE3 issue (this was just misreading the text of the very small font on my TV...) about three minutes after my edit. The SSE2 plugin was still giving me an error but I noticed that the ZeroGS plugin now appears in my list box. I gave that a try but only got about 20 frames per second. I will try some of the other items listed by Gabest when I have a chance this weekend. Do you think the frame rate is something that can be improved or is that the best I can expect given the video chipset isn't really meant for gaming?
That card is very weak, you might actually get better speed using a (software) renderer in GSdx but your best bet would be upgrading the graphics card, however you didn't mention the speed of your CPU but taking in count it's paired with that card it cant be that good, in which case I'd say upgrading would be for the best too.

What is your GSdx configuration and what error do you get with it now?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
The processor is an Athlon x2 4400. Not slow but not fast enough to run a game with software rendering. I did get GSdx working slowly with sw or hw rendering using dx9. The only other graphics card I have right now is a 7300LE. Any reccomendations for a yesteryear model that works well with pcsx2?
Well, that 7300LE will at least provide some improvement over that 6150LE.

Advice on a card is hard without a price range. How much are your willing to spend?
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
I am remarkably cheap.... Because of the style of the enclosure (it's an MSI Media Live), I will need to buy a PCI-E riser (about $40 unless somebody knows where to find them less expensive than that). I was looking at GeForce 9400 GT. Pretty inexpensive and has an HDMI output which I would really like as my TV has no DVI (oddly enough). So basically, I would like to keep the cost less than 100 USD including both the card and the riser.