Directx 11
nintendo85: You have to have windows 7 installed and the SDK for DX11 (as the plugin currently uses the non-released version unless I misunderstood). Do a search of the forum for DX11 and you should get a link to the .dlls you need to run DX11... But there isn't any point right now in doing so. It's very alpha stage and there is currently zero benefit from running it over DX10.
[Image: 2748844.png]

Sponsored links

Why the actual hardware is actually compatible with directx 11? because directx 11 is what was supposed to be directx 10, Tessellation is in the ati video cards since the 2000 serie, Computer shader is just another way to use your video cards, is a way to use the video cards as cpus because of their power (folding), Multi-threading rendering is something that was supposed to be added to directx when all this multicore stuff come out, lot of people blame the xbox, vista and nvidia for the delay of the introduction of this features.

With the introduction of this API, now will be more easy make ports from XBOX360 to pc. In other words, this was the standard API that most developerts where waiting (see how directx 10 was missed, not much games on that api because developerts on xbox360 modify the directx 9 api to do the same effects of directx 10).

Sorry my english, this is what i read yesterday Laugh
(08-18-2009, 05:50 PM)Drakehash Wrote: With the introduction of this API, now will be more easy make ports from XBOX360 to pc. In other words, this was the standard API that most developerts where waiting (see how directx 10 was missed, not much games on that api because developerts on xbox360 modify the directx 9 api to do the same effects of directx 10).

Sorry my english, this is what i read yesterday Laugh

Sure, perhaps you would like to post a link to where devs are saying this ?

The 360 is DX9 hardware with a few minor DX10 extensions, and there is nothing on this hardware that cannot be ported to existing PC DX10, or even DX9 hardware, without any issues.
If you can prove otherwise, then post a link.
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/