Poll: Should we add a new category above playable like excellent or perfect?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
80.00%
20 80.00%
No
20.00%
5 20.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Discussing the possibilities of the "Perfect" rating
Blyss you might be thinking of the out of memeory error and the texture issues that results in but that can be fixed by applying the 4gb patch to pcsx2 which I normally do anyways when I update the emulator. So if we are talking out of box experince then yeah the snowblind engine games do have other issues in software mode. So yeah guess you can say it wouldn't qualify for perfect in that regard alone. I could think of others that would quailfy for perfect in software mode tho. Even with the widescreen patches applied.

How would we classify something that has a semi functional widescreen patch?

Sponsored links

Since in my opinion as I've said, replicating the PS2 is the main goal, the state of widescreen patches it not something to consider regarding perfect. They are another bonus. If it would be perfect without the Widescreen patch then it is Perfect.

Although, as far as avih's badge idea, a widescreen one might be useful too, to denote games with good WS patches.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Ok, I was a little busy, but I had already checked a few hours ago this topic and his proposal, so I decided to think deeply and give enough attention to this in order to try to give a solution or a guideline, for after all I had a grand job on the compatibility list and everything that relates to it aits of my great interest, I would rather not create more doubts or questions to me the perfect proposal status its validates , I checked and read all the comments and suggestions of this topic and the other created by AVIH, I got such a conclusion and this is my opinion.

* About Speed
For status-perfect, the speed should be relatively considered, I believe that a game should be established in terms of perfect speed when the native resolution can be rotated in real speed on a system maximum of 20% above the minimum recommendations recommended (maybe 25%). (See Pcsx2 will run faster in my pc thread).

* A game shall be considered perfect only when not need any interference ,but F9 software mode its acceptable.

* A game shall be considered perfect when hardware mode or software mode works perfectly with no bugs (not taking into account problems caused by widescreens patches and configurations outside the standard emulator.

* About Game index.
_One Game shall be considered perfect when the patch / hack is already inserted in the index game without interference being entered by the User.

* About Pnachs.
_The Game should only be considered perfect if pnach already come automatically come on pnach of pcsx2 build folder.
Also adding that should not have any bugs, no matter how small is(in this case dead or alive is excluded of from perfect status on the list).

* About clamp round / modes.

_the factor of need Special configurations here, removes the game of the perfect game list.

* About GSDX.
-Use another video plugin here excludes the game of the perfect list.

About Manual Game Fixes>

This excludes game of the perfect game list, but I might have my doubts.

* About some problem in the high resolutions <Custom resolution

Problems like scan lines among others at high resolutions not disqualify the game from perfection.

(Examples-Namco games, Soul Calibur and etc ....).
However valid that establish some custom RESOLUTION works without bugs, whether2x3x, 4x, 5x, 6x native or any example for a custom namco games 1080x1920, 1024x1366 ....

* About games fixeds by wideescreen patchs. (Minor bugs, problems and HUD etc ....)

Should be out of the perfect list.

* About games that need special plugins like usb and internet etc..
permanently out of the perfect class, I know the plugin pokopon that could easily be built into next builds.but the need of any other Plugin invalidates the perfect status.

About the color of the perfect ***

Totally agree with Bositman, must be surrounded by green gold.

About Boot and Bios.

A game should only be perfect when not require the possession of a certain bios (I only remember tomb raider for this rule ....).

When a game requires full boot it can still be perfect since its only the menu of ps2 working .

* About swap disks
-A game shall be considered only perfect when needing to swap disks not exist or is considered only for platitudes, such as bonus, featturetes etc....

However when it is mandatory for the game, which may prevent the User with the finish should it excluded the perfect list.

* Problems of Memory cards, saves and controls.
_If Is rare and random or just a certain part of the game has unique problems saving, still perfect.
About controls problems to even pokopon plugin not solve this then off perfect (I m Doing a request for pokopon in the nexts builds!)).

About sound problems *
This disqualifies perfect, but please verify that the problem and not its weak computer for the game in question, or wrong settings.
Final Considerations (End of DESTRUIDORs Wall Text)

I encourage developers to make games that require alterations in Clamps modes to operate in automatic gamefixes make inserted in the emulator)

Practically a summary will here-

To be perfect is that the actual speed-Turning a reasonable system has to work perfect without any bugs in hardware OR software (not considering bugs the game itself, ie manufacturing defect), does not require special configuration in emu, just standard!, some custom resolution is to work perfectly without scan line, necessitantes games additional plugins out of the building are not perfect unless the seje pokopon.
Sleçao bios specifies annuls of perfection (since the User can not you the needed and correct and not need to change the bios in seleçao) patches inserted into the game by the User does not index are perfect, unless they come already inserted into the builds, patches pnachs with side effects or may not come from the builds are not games of perfects.need full boot still marks the game as perfect, no problem.

Ok, I'm done here, I'm tired, like I said, I only have questions in relation to matches gamefixes manual that can be perfect since we need only 1 manual gamefixes activated and a maximum software mode on! Not more than that!.

And now the end, guys, whatever you decide, if you decide something, they can count on me un till the end, I'm an enthusiast. Smile
You pretty much agreed with me with what you said. The one I do wanna bring up though is about disc swaps:

If the game requires a disc swap, on the PS2 you would just swap discs. For a lot of games in PCSX2, you have to save to the memory card and then boot from other disc and load. I am not sure if this should disqualify perfect or not.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yay,but i want to emphasize the choice of a consuming of a maximum porcetage of video card,processor in a specific system for a game to be considered perfect*,after all a game cannot be perfect when need a i5 of third generation to run in real speed in the native resolution.
Then,the need to establish a maximum power consumption of the computer for the game to be perfect,because if a game can be perfect for me,can be a demon of the slowdown hells for others persons.
(This was a public fallacy for all).
^ We decided to use the PCSX2 benchmark with the list of CPUs. If a CPU is above the 60FPS line in the FFX2 test, and a game can't run full speed on it, then it's not perfect.
(07-08-2014, 07:15 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: ^ We decided to use the PCSX2 benchmark with the list of CPUs. If a CPU is above the 60FPS line in the FFX2 test, and a game can't run full speed on it, then it's not perfect.

So ratchet, jak, sly, gt4, sotc, xenosaga, and a few others wouldn't be considered perfect?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Xenosaga has broken memory cards and several broken cutscenes.

SotC can run at full speed on that hardware and we've discussed it already, since it slows down on the PS2 anyway, it's considered acceptable.

Ratchet and Clank can run full speed on those processors, I am pretty sure.

Jak, sly and GT4 I don't know about.

Anyway, it's not set in stone yet. That's just what most people have agreed on so far. We gotta make a line, and since we have that benchmark it makes sense to use it.
Generally agreeing with the way this is going. I'd just say a brief summary of the perfect rating for average users to "get it" is needed. Is there really anything that can be added in a brief manner to Blyss Sarania's description that would help people better understand or cover more bases?

The gist of it with some later caveats worked out and added in was something like: The output of the emulator on the default settings in at least software mode is indistinguishable to the average person from the output of a real PS2, whether he or she has played the game on a real PS2 before or not. This is the case under any BIOS version and no user-applied patches should be necessary.

I didn't include speed in the summary because I felt it'd get too complicated for just a summary any way I'd word it but if anyone can come up with a quick disclaimer to add about speed that'd be nice.
I think:

Perfect: Games that run as well in PCSX2 as they did on the original PS2 hardware, with minimal user configuration needed. These games will be free of bugs and graphical glitches. Software rendering may or may not be required.

Or something similar, I can't quite get the semantics in that to sound correct lol I've been up all night again and I'm tired.

Anyway, anything more than that is gonna complicate it too much.