Disgaea 1 stuck, need help!
I'm currently stuck on world 4-3(Jotunheim stage with the sexy demons), and it keeps getting stuck when Flonne and Etna show their outrage. The music and animations keep playing but the game won't advance for some reason, and I've searched around and it only seems that I've seen one instance of this in this topic here:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Disgaea-H...ess-Freeze

Obviously he never responded, but I've tried various things including turning off all speedhacks(I'm currently on preset 4 aggressive with superVU legacy recompiler).

My CPU specs are perfectly fine for the game(always have more than 60+ FPS and to an upwards of 300+ fps with framelimiter unlocked).

My current plugins are pretty much the exact same as his:

GS - GSdx 5334(MSVC 16.00 SSE2) 0.1.16 [gsdx32.sse2-r5350]
PAD - Lilypad svn (r5282) 0.11.0 [lillypad-r5350]
SPU2 - SPU2-X r5324 2.0.0 [spu2-x-r5350]

I'll attach my log also if it matters, thanks for your help in advance!

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 5,85 KB / Downloads: 172)

Sponsored links

it looks like you're loading state right before the issue. Have you tried turning off all of the speed hacks and restarting from a memory card save?

If that still doesn't help, an issue with audio/animation still going but the game freezes tends to be a clamping or rounding mode error. Make sure that clamping in both EE and VU sections of the emu are both on at least "normal". If they are, then try changing the clamp round mode. There is no science on which ones may or may not work, so just cycle through them till it "unsticks".
[Image: 2748844.png]
Try with latest svn then
edit-sorry koji cant see your post
@op-first try what koji said if its not work then try my one advise but im sure kojis solution works .
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Wow, it didn't occur to me to load from a save rather than a savestate in order to fix this problem even though it makes perfect sense if I were to encounter this error while playing on my PS2. I saved and it quickly fixed itself after, thanks!
(08-16-2013, 06:54 PM)MailYourFission Wrote: Wow, it didn't occur to me to load from a save rather than a savestate in order to fix this problem even though it makes perfect sense if I were to encounter this error while playing on my PS2. I saved and it quickly fixed itself after, thanks!

No problem. The biggest issue with savestates is that it retains any negative effects from any previous settings you had. Restarting from memory card gives the system a "clean slate". It's one of the reasons it's important to do regular memory card saves even if you are primarily using save states so you don't get backed into a corner if an error does appear.
Sort of off topic but how is the Disgaea series? I've heard so much about it. Is the first game a good game? Recommended if you're into jrpgs?
(08-17-2013, 04:13 PM)Isamu Wrote: Sort of off topic but how is the Disgaea series? I've heard so much about it. Is the first game a good game? Recommended if you're into jrpgs?

It's not a jrpg, it's an Strategy RPG (SRPG).

The game plays like the original Final Fantasy Tactics only far far far more complex and a near endless amount of possible level grinding (max level is 9999, plus you can reset characters to level 1 with added benefits)

Story wise it's ripped straight from a shounen anime/manga (Naruto, one piece, that kind of thing) only more flamboyent and over the top.

That said if you want to discuss it further, probably best to create a new topic in off-topic.
Thanks Koji. I'll give it a try. Also, looks like the PSP versions are said to be good ports so i might check those out as well.