Do I have the possibility of Persona 4?
Good day guys! (Just noticed, I I accidently the title; it is supose to read, "Do I have the possibility of running Persona 4?"

I just wanted to know if there was any way I could possible run Persona 4 smoothly (40-50 FPS stable) and if I were to not be able, would there be a way to set it up for it to run smoothly?

OS: Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (64-bit) Service pack 2
Manufacturer: American Megatrends
Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 DUO CPU T6400 @ 2.00 GHz
Memory: 4.00 GB
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family (I know, I know, awful. ;-; )
---------------------

Now here where the problem arises. I told these specs to a friend who ran P4 on his computer at a stable ~60 FPS and he said that my computer was complete garbage and I would be lucky to run past 25 FPS. I didn't take his word. So, I loaded up P4, and at the opening I was getting ~40 FPS. I was overjoyed! Then I got to the title where it says "New Game, Continue/Return to Inaba, Settings" and it dipped to ~14. I was crushed.

So, back to my original question. Is there any way I could run P4 at ~40-50 FPS?

Another thing that would help if you were to rate my computers tier,according to Alexander's Guide to PCSX2 for Windows(Not viraling, sorry if posting links to other topics is not allowed, just needing a reference guide, because personally, the guide looks like nothing but moonrunes to me,lol) and maybe I could configure it from there.

Anyways, for those who can help me with my problem, thank you.

Sincerely,

The one who can't computer, Flonne.

(PS: I can buy a new one, Black Friday and whatnot, if you can recommend me a Desktop that can run PCSX2 { In general, any Shin Megami Tensei Game} without stutter, I will forever be gratitudinous towards you { PPS: My budget is around 500$.. I've already "wasted" around 750$ on this piece of "garbage desktop". Or in just another case, should I try to upgrade this comp?}

Sponsored links

Emulation puts a heavy toll on the CPU, that one may be able to play some games with help from speedhacks but P4 is a demanding game to the extent I know (I don't have the game but have seen reports).

You could try using an aggressive profile to automatize the speedhacks for older machines, you can reach it from the GUI -> Config -> Game Fix, active Presets and try the least aggressive that give you something you deem playable. If not enough yet you can try frameskipping as well.

Good luck.

PS: since is a duo core CPU, make sure MTVU hack is not active.
Imagination is where we are truly real
"Graphics Card: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family"

This is not meant for gaming at all. So I would say no.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
Emulation require much more resources than native PC gaming. Your current rig is no good for PC gaming, so forget about emulation.
Aw, that stinks. ;-;

So, there is no real way that I can set it for to it atleast run without some type of stutter?

Or should I just upgrade it? (If I do, other then a new Graphics Card, what else would I need? Sorry, I'm not good with computers, lol)