Do my spec meet the minimum requirement?
(11-03-2010, 01:55 AM)Hungry Man Wrote: It's not the DVD's you have to change it's the PS2. you have to modify it.

And I'm not sure that daemon tools has the right decryption stuff for PS2 games so just stick to imageburn.

I see...
Wow.. I learn a lot from you all! Thank you XD

Update:
I install the newest pcsx2 and configure it base on guide I found here, in this forum. I try the Imgburn and burn 2 ps2 games Harvestmoon save the homeland and Harvestmoon wonderful life (I'll try it with different game type later Laugh)

For the homeland it run well even without speed hack. The wonderful life lagging here and there, even after I set the speed hack to X3. And I notice these feedback sound when I click options (like start, continue, or when next-ing conversation). Is it caused by my configuration(wrong sound plug in maybe?), or maybe the lagging cause it, or something else?
Do I need to change speedhack every time I change game? Or let it be?

I have a list of game I want to play.. How can we know if a game is to heavy for our system? The iso size?

Thank you once again!

Sponsored links

The ISO size has very very little to do with how intense the game is. You're best googling or searching for information on the game. Games with really intense graphics or huge areas are going to be more difficult to play.
i5 520m :: ATI 5650 (700, 900) :: Samsun 830 128GB SSD:: 8GB (2x4GB) RAM
generally you have to adjust per game, it just happens, some games need a hackfix others don't
(11-03-2010, 02:38 AM)Hungry Man Wrote: The ISO size has very very little to do with how intense the game is. You're best googling or searching for information on the game. Games with really intense graphics or huge areas are going to be more difficult to play.

Really intense graphic.... I'm not sure about how we judge that..
Since Harvest moon Wonderful Life lagging.. means FFX and KH will have heavier lag? Because I think both last have better graphic Smile)

How about Okami, Mana Khemia, Bully, and game alike? Mana Khemia is lighter I guess?

Is there any way to get better (not to heavy lag) quality...aside from upgrading or buy new laptop of course Smile) Maybe the setting preference etc?

Thank you before Smile

(11-03-2010, 02:39 AM)Saiki Wrote: generally you have to adjust per game, it just happens, some games need a hackfix others don't

If I set X3 (high) when I play heavy games.. then I play lighter game.. is it have any effect for my lighter game? Like speed up, or something?

Thank you before Smile

Quote:Really intense graphic.... I'm not sure about how we judge that..
Since Harvest moon Wonderful Life lagging.. means FFX and KH will have heavier lag? Because I think both last have better graphic )

How about Okami, Mana Khemia, Bully, and game alike? Mana Khemia is lighter I guess?

Is there any way to get better (not to heavy lag) quality...aside from upgrading or buy new laptop of course ) Maybe the setting preference etc?
True, it is difficult to judge graphics. Kingdom Hearts does have really nice graphics but it runs better then other games. I think the idea that huge areas slows down your game is a simple one though.

To speed up games without changing your hardware you can try going to the task manager, going to processes, finding your PCSX2, right clicking, and giving it higher priority.

You can use different speed hacks as well.
Quote:f I set X3 (high) when I play heavy games.. then I play lighter game.. is it have any effect for my lighter game? Like speed up, or something?
No, different games benefit from the hacks differently. For example Onimusha 4 will slow down if I raise the EE Cycle rate too high but Shadow of the Colossus will speed up.
(11-03-2010, 05:29 PM)Hungry Man Wrote: True, it is difficult to judge graphics. Kingdom Hearts does have really nice graphics but it runs better then other games. I think the idea that huge areas slows down your game is a simple one though.

To speed up games without changing your hardware you can try going to the task manager, going to processes, finding your PCSX2, right clicking, and giving it higher priority.

You can use different speed hacks as well.

Huge area as in one big area with no loading to go to the next area??
(like Harvestmoon Wonderfull Life, when we get out form house we can go anywhere we want, and no loading when entering different area. [Loading when entering house or site, etc] is that one example of huge area?) So games with many segment divider ,or loading when entering new area, will be lighter than one where we explore freely without download? Like Mana Khemia will be lighter that Grand T or GTA?

Quote:No, different games benefit from the hacks differently. For example Onimusha 4 will slow down if I raise the EE Cycle rate too high but Shadow of the Colossus will speed up.

Oooo I see.. I guess I have to experimenting with that! Laugh

Thank you for the infos! Biggrin
Yes games with multiple loading areas will be lighter 9 times out of 10. The ones with really huge areas are much more difficult.
(11-03-2010, 09:34 PM)Hungry Man Wrote: Yes games with multiple loading areas will be lighter 9 times out of 10. The ones with really huge areas are much more difficult.

I see..

I now play Kingdom Hearts 2, and it works fine! Laugh
But its slowing down in the middle (I'm doing the Struggle Battle), is that normal to slowdown in the middle?

You guys have no idea how I'm great-full for your help!! I thank you with all my heart!Wub
=p Happy to help.

And it shouldn't be slowing down. Are you using speed hacks? And are you playing it from a .iso and NOT from your disk?
(11-04-2010, 06:04 AM)Hungry Man Wrote: =p Happy to help.

And it shouldn't be slowing down. Are you using speed hacks? And are you playing it from a .iso and NOT from your disk?

Yes, I use X3. I forgot to change it from Harvest Moon Wonderful Life experiment yesterday.

And yes I use ISO, but mount it on daemon tools. When I go to option its only run cd/dvd and open ELF file. is it because I choose the Gigaherz for the dvd set up? I read from the replies before that pcsx2 can internally load the iso, but I don't know how..Blink