Poll: Will you agree if PCSX2 gets Quad Core support???
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yea it will make all the games 100% emulated
42.55%
20 42.55%
Indiferent
23.40%
11 23.40%
No it dosent need it
34.04%
16 34.04%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you think that PCSX2 team will implement quad core support?
Hi!

As i can see all the emulator is based on the CPU than the GPU and for this reason you need a very powerfull CPU for play at full speed, but beacuse of it only supports 2 core procesor all of us get crushed, for example:

For play at Full speed GT4 you need a 3.7 Ghz Dual core in total is 7.4 Ghz and the 87% of the people of uses this emulator have a quad core at 2.5 Ghz giving in total a 10 Ghz procesor, but beacuse it only supports 2 cores it get downgraded to 5 Ghz forcing you to overclock and beacuse of this the 64.4% of the people than have quad core cant play at full speed.

It will really be nice if the team get support on quad core, with that all the games will be emulated at full speed.

If you have any comments it will be nicely wellcome Smile Thanks

Sponsored links

Won't happen.
You cant really compare cpus like that. Personally I dont think they will implement quad support for a long time. Since Im not on the pcsx2 team I can only speculate, but here is how I see it. The teams main priority is probably not making all games run at full speed, but making all game run period, making the emulator more stable and compatible. Sure quad support would be nice, but that would mean that for a long time the emulator will not progress at all, just to make some games run faster.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
I am more interested in how you know 87% of the pcsx2 users have 2.5ghz quad cores and 64.4% of them do not want to overclock their cpu.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
(04-11-2010, 08:00 AM)CKL Wrote: I am more interested in how you know 87% of the pcsx2 users have 2.5ghz quad cores and 64.4% of them do not want to overclock their cpu.

I made a small pole, in total 328,487 people anwered and from there i got the results Cool
That is a good number to do estimation, but it is still quite difficult to believe that there are that many pcsx2 users have the exact 2.5ghz quad cpu given there are only that many choices of cpu's have clocked at 2.5ghz in the market.
the 2.5 Ghz is a overwall of all the poll, some gived me 2.0 some 4.7 Wink
You cannot multiply the clock speed by the core count and get anything significant. A quad-core 2.5Ghz processor is not in any way, shape or form the same thing as a theoretical 10Ghz cpu; in the same way as two small children are not equivalent to an adult. It just doesn't work that way, and anyone that says it does is probably trying to sell you something.

There are numerous technical issue in getting PCSX2 to use anything more than 2 cores efficiently, and by 'technical issue' I mean you'd have to re-write pretty much all of the complicated parts. The same parts that took years and years to develop, and much of that work would be thrown away in pursuit of a performance boost that may not actually exist.
Nobody really knows how much of a boost PCSX2 would get if it could 2+ cores, and the only estimate I've ever read by someone qualified is in the neighborhood of 20%.

So yeah, I don't think we'll see full-blown 2+ core support anytime soon. Limited support (using the other core for random grunt work) might be foreseeable, but not the "2x performance omg" some people seem to think is possible Tongue
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
87% of the people using PCSX2 quad core systems around 2.5Ghz? That's some weird results xD

The title of the poll in this thread itself doesn't really make much sense either, I don't think agreeing has anything to do with compatibility o.o

Where is that poll? I'm curious on what kind of community gave such answers.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
In deed, a poll that has 328,487 votes is pretty huge, and I've never seen a poll that has that many voters.