Does Anisotropic Filtering work in the emu?
Hey guys, I was just wondering if (AF) Anisotropic Filtering work in the emulated graphics of the emu? And if it's not too much, can you also add if other changes made to my GPU control panel will do anything/improve graphics of the emu? I know for certain that (AA) Anti-Aliasing works on the emu but only through GSdx configuration. Thanks for any reply! Biggrin

Sponsored links

I know that gabest was recently adding correct mipmapping support so it might but it didn't used to.
Mipmapping is only for the software renderers and only when you toggle it on (F8 or something). I think if you force it through your graphics card control panel it can cause problems so I guess the answer to your question is no
[Image: newsig.jpg]
driver AF does not appear to cause any glitches, i can't say it actually works at all though. There does not appear to be any change with it on or off.
(05-09-2011, 09:29 AM)Bositman Wrote: Mipmapping is only for the software renderers and only when you toggle it on (F8 or something). I think if you force it through your graphics card control panel it can cause problems so I guess the answer to your question is no
The 'Insert' key toggles it, and indeed only on software mode.

Thanks for the reply guys. So some things to note from your replies:

1.) AF apparently doesn't work if forced on in the GPU Control Panel.

2.) Its better not to force Mipmapping on the GPU Control Panel to avoid glitches as it does nothing anyway.

3.) Mipmapping works on software rendering mode and toggled by the Insert key.

And I would also like to add that maybe its better to set GPU control panel settings to default/allow it to use application settings to be on the safe side. Thanks again guys! Laugh

P.S. I also noticed that if you turn your GPU settings all the way up (Very High), it makes the emu slower, and maybe it doesn't do anything except that. (We already know that AF and Mipmapping doesn't change anything in the emu.)
the 1 setting that might make a difference is enabling negative lod clamp.
Personnally I'm curious if MLAA (morphological anti aliasing) can improve the aliasing for free. MLAA work on the final color buffer (== the image send to the sreen). Do not know if someone have a recent ATI card to test.
i have a recent ATI card and must say that MLAA makes all games look like crap.
All PS2 games. Or also PC games ?