Does GSDX still have issues with AMD/ATI graphic cards?
I'm planning to buy AMD Radeon 7870 to play PS2 games. I read that in the past, some AMD/ATI graphic cards have performance issue with some games. Have all the issues been fixed?

Sponsored links

To the extent I know it was a bug in some models (or drivers, I'm not sure) that is reported to have been correct in newer AMD/ATI cards.
Imagination is where we are truly real
No problems that I know of now in Windows. In Linux though, it's another story. Sad
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(02-22-2013, 11:54 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: No problems that I know of now in Windows. In Linux though, it's another story. Sad

Thanks. I use Windows, so that is not an issue. Does every game run at full speed?
That will depend entirely on the game. Most games tend to be CPU-limited rather than GPU-limited. A 7870 should be more than enough to deal with most everything, though, outside maybe of some particularly broken/demanding effects.
(02-23-2013, 06:08 PM)Eloris Wrote: That will depend entirely on the game. Most games tend to be CPU-limited rather than GPU-limited. A 7870 should be more than enough to deal with most everything, though, outside maybe of some particularly broken/demanding effects.

Actually is referred to a bug found on certain AMD/ATI cards and extensively tested with prepared tests. It's well documented in a thread over there. But seems the issue is already gone.

The case is the bug triggered under specific conditions and values only and unfortunately values and conditions which appears on PCSX2 often enough.

PS: IIRC the bug affected the HD 5xxx series mainly and not all cards.
Imagination is where we are truly real