Does GSdx support SSE3?
Hello!

I just downloaded the latest build of PCSX2 and looked at the available options for the plugin, however there seems to be no SSE3 dll. Is it available to download somewhere? And also, would SSE3 be the best to choose out of these that I get shown in the log?

Code:
x86 Features Detected:
    MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3
    MMX2  .. 3DNOW .. 3DNOW2

Thanks!

Sponsored links

no sse3 has no useful instructions for pcsx2 / gsdx, there is a ssse3 plugin but I dont think that's supported by your cpu, for amd processors use the sse2 plugin.
Despite the similarity of the names, SSE3 is unrelated to SSSE3 and the same is true for SSE4a and SSE4.1.
AMD has to date not implemented the SSSE3 and SSE4.1 instruction sets on any of their CPUs.
Therefore the recommended GSdx version for AMD users is the SSE2 one.

There is a minor speed loss, but it is only about 10% overall.

I should note that AMD's latest FX processors (a.k.a. Zambezi, or Bulldozer) have implemented SSSE3 and SSE4.1.
But, unfortunately, they suffer a serious performance loss with PCSX2 due to design.
Don't seek out those AMD processors for help from those instructions,
as the benefit will not compensate.
bulldozer has SSSE3
(03-27-2012, 03:10 PM)hyakki Wrote: no sse3 has no useful instructions for pcsx2 / gsdx, there is a ssse3 plugin but I dont think that's supported by your cpu, for amd processors use the sse2 plugin.
"GSdx: finally, some use for hsubps (SSE3)."
There is some HADDPS code too since the intial commit.
P.Lesiecki Wrote:Is that mean speedup on my sse3 cpu?!
Gabest Wrote:Very minimal, moreover haddps/hsubps used to have a terrible latency and throughput, but nehalem and sandy bridge improved it a lot. That's why I said it's the cpu, not the instructions that matter in the first place.
I have the AMD FX-4100 Quadcore 3.6Ghz and when I boot up PCSX2 it reports:

Code:
x86 Features Detected:
    MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX
    MMX2  .. SSE4a

So, I'm guessing they added alot to the bulldozer chipset.
They forgot to add speed so it won't be slower than Phenoms Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
bobcat have SSSE3 too Wink
(03-28-2012, 12:20 PM)Bositman Wrote: They forgot to add speed so it won't be slower than Phenoms Tongue

1+ Laugh