Does PCSX2 (latest beta ver) improve graphics?
I have my PS2 slim connected through component on my HDTV and set up for it. Obviously it wont look great like it did back in the day.

My question though is other emulators (dolphin for Wii and ePSXe for PSX) are generally able to greatly improve the graphics on games so they look alot better; Does PCSX2 do the same?

If i were to play Final Fantasy IX on my hdtv, it'd look cruddy. If I emulate it though, it looks great in 1080p and better graphics.

My setup btw is an i7-950, two GTX 460 (OC'd faster than 470's) and 6gb ram

Thanks guys and sorry for asking. I'm new here and this is my first post.

Sponsored links

Oh yeah. Smile

Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings. You can enter a custom resolution in the D3D internal res fields. Or use scaling is another approach, which multiplies the PS2's native resolution respectively.

In general, I'd suggest the range of 3x-4x scaling with a GTX 460 (capabilities vary with games, some can go higher). Unfortunately, your second one doesn't count with PCSX2.
well the card I have exactly is the MSI GTX 460 Talon Hawk.

It's factory OC'd to be faster than a GTX 470.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as..._-14127534

I pretty much went by the guide. Used the DX11 Hardware option and set the internal res to 1920x1080. I'm using on a 1080p hdtv connected through hdmi Tongue

I guess thats all I can do for performance?

Hopefully one day emulators will utilize SLI or atleast partially Tongue

It's just weird jumping from emulator to emulator wondering what's what and how some are more customizable than others.
btw When I first played Kingdom hearts, this happens after I hit newgame. I havent gotten far enough just yet to see other FMV's

[Image: KHerror.png]

after that though, in game, It seems to be fine.
Your 2x GTX 460's with max overclock can barely hit 2x GTX 470's speeds in stock clocks, maybe if you have miraculous GTX 460 than can hit more than 1 GHz core then you get slightly better fps than a GTX 470 in Stock clocks.
However just OC the GTX 470 to 750 MHz core then your GTX 460 will lose the faith to get near its performance, especially in heavily shaded applications and high AA levels Smile.
(04-25-2011, 10:03 AM)hallmark Wrote: Your 2x GTX 460's with max overclock can barely hit 2x GTX 470's speeds in stock clocks, maybe if you have miraculous GTX 460 than can hit more than 1 GHz core then you get slightly better fps than a GTX 470 in Stock clocks.
However just OC the GTX 470 to 750 MHz core then your GTX 460 will lose the faith to get near its performance, especially in heavily shaded applications and high AA levels Smile.

my cores are at 811 MHz which last time i checked surpass 750.I can go farther up to 850 without a voltage increase but i dont. The 470 is pretty much an easy-bake oven and the 480's were just too much money.

How bout we get back about why my FMV looked funny Tongue
(04-25-2011, 09:22 AM)aceofpilots Wrote: btw When I first played Kingdom hearts, this happens after I hit newgame. I havent gotten far enough just yet to see other FMV's

[Image: KHerror.png]

after that though, in game, It seems to be fine.

It's fine happened to me i just ignored it
(04-25-2011, 10:08 AM)orchlon Wrote: It's fine happened to me i just ignored it

ah alright then. I just didnt wanna experience future headaches.

Are there any other glitches or does it happen to all FMV's?

btw how does killzone play?
I improved the Anti-Aliasing in the Gxd10 plugin settings (Its Gxd9 if its set at DirectX9) to 2x and saw an amazing increase in graphics, going from being quite pixelated to being amazingly crisp, as good as, or better than playing on an actual ps2, but obviously you need a high card to run it, but you seem to be fine in that area, I would experiment, but I have an AMD Radeon HD 7790 2gb, which isnt AMAZING, but its very cost efficient, costing me £110 and allowing me to play BF4, and all the latest games Laugh
---------------------
Damn, sorry bout the necroing, didnt realise how old this post was!!! But still its out there now if anyone didnt know Tongue
This thread is 2 years old. Please don't dig up old threads.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD