Does PCSX2 utlize multi-cores well?
Well the Opterons are still quite pricey and they're the best server CPU's Smile Eitherway anybody got some knowledge how far you can o/c the X4 970 Black Edition?? Smile On stock cooler that is
Not that it's really needed I mean 3.5 Ghz each core lol.

Sponsored links

From review sites, they all seem to top out at 4GHz on air.

Notice, I specifically mentioned consumer processors in my earlier post. $1,000+ for a server processor (particularly one that's heavily consolidated running a bunch of VMs) is pretty normal. By the way, I don't think AMD's doing too good in the server space, either. I think they lost quite a bit of market share to Intel in the last quarter. They increased market share in the mobile space, though.
eitherway does one really notice a speed increase going from a AMD Athlon X2 64 6000+ to a AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition?? Even if I don't use DDR3 (Got DDR2-1066 in my motherboard, since that's the minimum requirement if you gonna use DDR2 memory)
Without a doubt, you'll notice.
Even if it's an AM2/AM2+/AM3 motherboard and using DDR2 memory? I know that the difference is approx. 7% profit for DDR3.
That depends on what you're doing. If just internet surfing or editing word documents, you'd be hard pressed to notice a difference between a Phenom II X4 and an Athlon X2 6000. Play a demanding game on PCSX2 and you'll definitely notice.
well I know for a fact, that for PCSX2 my CPU is the bottleneck even if it's a standard 3.0 ghz cpu, thanks to my 5770 most game do get a fps boost of between the 5 to 30 fps and that's fine, but I always wanted to upgrade my CPU, but money is well always an issue lol. But you still should notice a difference between the X2 6000+ @ 3.0 Ghz or a Quad Core @ 3.5 Ghz with more Cache. Smile