Does RPGs work with pcsx2?
Hi, I'm new at this and most of my games are RPGs(FFX, FFX-2, FFXII and Persona 3 and 4), and I also have MGS2 and 3. But, by reading some of the threads I guess those two are out of the question. It is a laptop.

My specs are:
CPU: 2.60GHz AMD Phenom II Dual-Core Mobile Processor P650
GPU: Radeon HD 4250 Graphics
RAM: 4GB DDR3

I want to know if they will work, and if they do I want to know how fps will I get.

Sponsored links

I'm not sure about your graphics card, but yes, RPGs work.
Your CPU and GPU is going to hold you back..I might recommend buying a new laptop or get a desktop pc and upgrade it if you can.
AMD Phenom II 960T X4 @ 3.0 GHz, 4GB G.Skill DDR2 RAM, Hitachi Deskstar 2TB HD 7200 RPM Sata III, Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 1024MB VRAM, Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit), ASUS VE248 1920 x 1080
Is it going to hold me back to the point to I can't play or are they going to be really slow? If it is the second how slow?
Will do fine with native and some speed hack on latest revision, why not try for yourself?
AMD laptop is not the best for most games of pcsx2 except FFX it think shall work fine
the rest of your chosen games it will run slow 20~30% of the speed...as naughtydog advised you to move to your main-powered PC desktop.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(03-22-2012, 03:07 AM)tallbender Wrote: AMD laptop is not the best for most games of pcsx2 except FFX it think shall work fine
the rest of your chosen games it will run slow 20~30% of the speed...as naughtydog advised you to move to your main-powered PC desktop.

It will slow yes, but not 20-30% bull. Sure it's AMD but it's also of Phenom II line (which iirc based on Regor since it's laptop) @ 2.6GHz.

People nowadays really like to exaggerate PCSX2 system requirement eh.
I just wanna play the games since my Ps2 broke. If I put in native resolution and with some speedhacks do you it will work better?
Most RPG's can run easily or with some speedhacks on Athlon II/Phenom II with 2,6ghz(except some as Valkyrie Profile 2), on the other hand, you'll have slowdowns caused by your graphic card even in native internal res in most of 3D games(depending on the location/used effects through, it can vary between full speed and like half speed), 2D rpg's should run fine through. Don't forget to increase your windows power menagement to something above power saving mode if you never did it yet and plug it, couse playing on battery and/or with power settings set to save power will not give you much of a gameplay experience.

And what should also be usefull for you, an info how to check if you're slowed down by cpu or gpu. It's actually easy. Check the EE% and GS% at the top of the window displaying game, they're threads on your cpu cores, so if any of those two reaches 100%, you're being limited by cpu power, in case of EE%, speedhacks(or presets) can drop it, increasing your fps, in case of GS%, it's usually lower than EE anyway, but can be decreased using frameskip in emulation settings>GS. If none of those are reaching 100%, you're most likely limited by your gpu, if that's the case and you're already playing at native res, the most you could do would be choosing custom res even BELOW native(which will make the game looking horrible) or trying to turn on/off "allow 8 bit textures" depending on the game(and even location in the game) and your hardware this option can speed up or speed down alot, soo it's always worth checking it both while having slowdowns.