Does Vista run this emulator faster than XP?
I'll wait windows 7 official release, till there i'm pretty sure the pscx2 will be way better, and with the newest OS it would be godlike.

Btw, vista is slower with games because games still use directX 9, forcing the Os to emulate it. Once they develop games fully directX 10 oriented, the situation would surely revert.

Sponsored links

(01-06-2009, 04:46 PM)Zolm Wrote: I'll wait windows 7 official release, till there i'm pretty sure the pscx2 will be way better, and with the newest OS it would be godlike.

Btw, vista is slower with games because games still use directX 9, forcing the Os to emulate it. Once they develop games fully directX 10 oriented, the situation would surely revert.

LMAO "forcing the OS to emulate it", are u kidding me? You do realize this is an EMULATOR right? Whether the game uses DX9 or DX10, the computer will STILL be "forced" to emulate... HENCE THE WORD "EMULATOR"

Please read what PCXL-Fan wrote in his post about DX10. That man KNOWS his stuff.

Man, this is really retarded.. I can't believe I even created this thread lol.. To think I use to be one of those newbs who thought Vista sucked lol..
[Image: a0iic2.png]
Vista Home Premium 64-bit | E8500 @4.2GHz (526x8) ~1.30V
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P | 4Gb 1066mhz Corsair XMS2
Radeon HD 4850 OC 10% | 1.14TB (640+500gb) WDC
Antec Nine Hundred | Antec Earthwatts 500w
The problem is Vista is (was?) a terrible product. They didn't communicate the hardware requirements clearly, and the whole 'Vista-capable' debacle didn't help. Drives have vastly improved, but there still is a whole mess of hardware that uses very buggy drivers that crash. Even though this isn't strictly Microsoft's fault, consumers don't see it that way.

It was a tough pill to swallow, but it had to be done sometime. Microsoft was forced to make some rather extensive changes to how the system worked to be decently secure, and even though it's done they still have to contend with consumer backlash.

A good OS, a bad product.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(01-07-2009, 10:04 AM)echosierra Wrote: The problem is Vista is (was?) a terrible product. They didn't communicate the hardware requirements clearly, and the whole 'Vista-capable' debacle didn't help. Drives have vastly improved, but there still is a whole mess of hardware that uses very buggy drivers that crash. Even though this isn't strictly Microsoft's fault, consumers don't see it that way.

It was a tough pill to swallow, but it had to be done sometime. Microsoft was forced to make some rather extensive changes to how the system worked to be decently secure, and even though it's done they still have to contend with consumer backlash.

A good OS, a bad product.

Right.... well clearly from your first post in this thread, u agree that Vista IS faster than XP for Pcsx2... that's what this thread is about afterall.. but thanks for sharing your opinions of Vista's drivers =)
Well, direct question: Vista 64 or 32?

If pcsx2 is a 32 bit app, will it work worse with a 64 bit OS (due to the "emulation" of the 32 bit appz in a 64 bit OS)?

I'm going to install Vista 64 this afternoon, and now this doubt has appeared in my mind...
(01-07-2009, 06:40 AM)creamsoda Wrote: LMAO "forcing the OS to emulate it", are u kidding me? You do realize this is an EMULATOR right? Whether the game uses DX9 or DX10, the computer will STILL be "forced" to emulate... HENCE THE WORD "EMULATOR"

Please read what PCXL-Fan wrote in his post about DX10. That man KNOWS his stuff.

Man, this is really retarded.. I can't believe I even created this thread lol.. To think I use to be one of those newbs who thought Vista sucked lol..

Hello mr. "i'll post lmao without knowing how to read", I'm not talking about pcsx2. Vista is forced to emulate D9 to run PC GAMES. And that's the source of all complaints about vista being slow: pc games.

The day companies start projecting games fully D10 oriented this problem would end.

Hard to understand, heh? Back to school, guy, you'll need it.
(01-07-2009, 04:11 PM)Zolm Wrote:
(01-07-2009, 06:40 AM)creamsoda Wrote: LMAO "forcing the OS to emulate it", are u kidding me? You do realize this is an EMULATOR right? Whether the game uses DX9 or DX10, the computer will STILL be "forced" to emulate... HENCE THE WORD "EMULATOR"

Hello mr. "i'll post lmao without knowing how to read", I'm not talking about pcsx2. Vista is forced to emulate D9 to run PC GAMES. And that's the source of all complaints about vista being slow: pc games.

The day companies start projecting games fully D10 oriented this problem would end.

Hard to understand, heh? Back to school, guy, you'll need it.

Hello mr. "i know nothing about dx10 or PC gaming"...

1. Read the title of this thread, this is about how fast Vista runs this emulator, not about normal PC games.

2. You said DX10 runs DX9 games slower, which is NOT true. It runs them FASTER if not the same.

3. There is no emulation involved in normal PC games.. Vista will use DX9 or DX10 depending on the game you play.. It does not force itself to use DX10 on a DX9 game.

So once again you still don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:I'll wait windows 7 official release, till there i'm pretty sure the pscx2 will be way better, and with the newest OS it would be godlike.
Oh btw, speaking of "back to school", I think you should take some English classes because your English is so horrible, it makes me feel like I'm talking to a bum. Next time maybe you should speak English properly before insulting someone else about their intelligence.
The short answer is YES if your computer benifits from the additional features, and NO otherwise. Find out what your hardware is capable of, match it against vista, and judge weather its worth it.

Please dont argue and flame. It ruins forums, This is a place for getting infomation from intelligent people or to debate a view. Not for making eachother angry.
Piracy and Being a vegetarian that eats Quorn are alike.

Your in denial, and want the real thing, not matter what you think.

CPU:E8500 MB:Asus P5Q-E RAM: 3Gigs of Corsair domination 5-5-5-15 GfxCard:ATI Radion HD 4870 OC'd @775Mhz GPU, 1000Mhz GDDR5 Ram