Does disabling the console improve performance at all for normal use?
Just wondering, I have a bit of a slow system, and am wondering if disabling the console would eke out any more performance, or if there are other items I can disable.

Also, I user McAfee Antivirus, if that is disabled will there be any boost? (Obviously I'd disconnect my network cable before turning that off).
AMD Phenom II 965BE @ 3.4Ghz
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750
Windows 7 64 bit

Sponsored links

Disabling the console? Nope, you'd get almost nothing out of that (with the exception of games that constantly write tons of debug lines).

Disabling the AV? Could be a slight speedup, depending on how aggressive the app is.

(Overclocking the cpu? Massive speedup, absolutely try this Wink )
Also, sacrifice some virgins to the gods so they might bless your computer with otherworldly power!
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(10-13-2009, 05:43 PM)rama Wrote: (Overclocking the cpu? Massive speedup, absolutely try this Wink )

I'd love to, but it's locked down on my dell laptop. I can overclock the GPU, but not the CPU to my knowledge.

Plus, it being a laptop, overclocking worries me, my temps are in a safe range according to HW monitor, but I remember the m8600GTs (actually all the m8XXX series from Dell) had a higher than average failure rate due to heat (the capacitors would pop). There was a bios update that made the heat management more aggressive, and the fan kick up more often, but it still concerns me, I don't wanna blow up my laptop.

My #1 rule of overclocking: Don't OC a system you can't afford to lose.
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750
Windows 7 64 bit
True that. Tongue2
(10-13-2009, 06:08 PM)ph34rme Wrote:
(10-13-2009, 05:43 PM)rama Wrote: (Overclocking the cpu? Massive speedup, absolutely try this Wink )

I'd love to, but it's locked down on my dell laptop. I can overclock the GPU, but not the CPU to my knowledge.

Plus, it being a laptop, overclocking worries me, my temps are in a safe range according to HW monitor, but I remember the m8600GTs (actually all the m8XXX series from Dell) had a higher than average failure rate due to heat (the capacitors would pop). There was a bios update that made the heat management more aggressive, and the fan kick up more often, but it still concerns me, I don't wanna blow up my laptop.

My #1 rule of overclocking: Don't OC a system you can't afford to lose.

It was a bad batch of GPUs, but I think there was a period of time in which Nvidia offered a free replacement service for those with the affected graphics cards. It cost Nvidia a crapload of money, can't remember how much...
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Yeah, I've got an extended warranty on my laptop, up to 3 years due to the issue since I got mine during the period when that insanity came to light. To be honest, Nvidia has been going downhill ever since. Every Nvidia GPU I've ever had has burned out sooner or later while I've had ATI cards for years.

If it weren't for Nvidia's much better drivers (and the fact that I wasn't granted a choice with my lappy anyway) I'd go ATI.
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750
Windows 7 64 bit
disable your Windows Aero
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Disabled Aeor ages ago, waste of RAM and processor cycles IMO.
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750
Windows 7 64 bit
Also you might want to try disabeling some services you dont need. If you dont know how to do that just google "Which services do and dont I need in (your OS)" ...might help.
[Image: 1283060.png]