Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the known problems with Tales of the Abyss exist in pcsx2 too
Just curious...does the random music and some sound effects disappearance exist on pcsx2 too,like on the PS2?

I'm playing it from my PS2 HDD but I have the same problems from the disk too...the music and some of the sound effects disappear most of the time(not always)when I exit to the world map and the only way to fix this is to restart the PS2.

I know that the game itself have bugs but I just want to know if I can find something useful in the pcsx2 console when/if the problem occur(my pc can't handle that game very well so I can't do a lot of playing and testing)

Sponsored links

This game is playing well on latest pcsx2 svn except it doesnt like vucycle stealing, load savestate with too much hacks may crash in game or give weird behavior at plugin controller. Sound effects or music dissapear only happen if playing with loadsave state or plugins changed while running ingame, probably be caused by speedhacks but running normal in game with save/load memory card.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
VU skip hasn't been an option since 0.9.6 ^_^;; not sure why it would be an issue with the latest SVN

As for sound going out, I honestly can't say I remember it during my playthrough... but it's been quite a while since I last played (nearly a year, waiting now to replay it on 3DS later this year)
[Image: 2748844.png]
Sorry i mean vu cycle stealing *damn typo*
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.