Does this update mean what I think it means
(04-06-2015, 05:58 PM)gregory Wrote: Upscaling is well coded. It just a matter of precision.
In native resolution game can use [0;1[ pixel/texture positions. In 2x you need to be around of [0;0.5[ etc... Most game uses texture position rounded to 0.5. For the horizontal line, I need to debug it properly.

yeah, the fact that it isn't pixel accurate is the only shortcoming of it right now. Is there any way to fix the pixel precision instead of using hack which invokes slight distortion on the sprites ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

Well I m not sure you can see the distortion on 2x scaling. Anyway pixel accuracy can only be done by unscaling the 2d sprite in the shader.
Request for blog entry on this!
It is planned. Don't know when however! I need to finish my MMU mini series first. Anyway, I want to understand the upscaling issue at 100% before writing anything.
I should write a news article about it.

It's pretty big, awesome news.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Agreed Smile let's not rush it. I want to test new ideas first.
So I tried it with DQVIII and it fixes some annoying textures issues (purple lines around some button prompts yay!) but if I combine it with Wild Arms Offset (which fixes DQVIII's text) it misaligns the health bars
Yeah, it might not produce favourable results when used with some other hw hacks. It's your choice, text (or) lines ? Tongue2
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(04-10-2015, 07:27 PM)ssakash Wrote: Yeah, it might not produce favourable results when used with some other hw hacks. It's your choice, text (or) lines ? Tongue2

So, I just updated to the absolute latest and now there's lines again even with it on. and the health bars are slightly misaligned even with wild arms off.
Do you mean that the lines which were fixed before are present in the latest build ?
- Refraction