Does this update mean what I think it means
In update e1a5736
There is a note saying
"2x upscaling is pixel perfects. Bigger upscaling is better but not yet perfect"

Does this mean 2xIR now works as well as 1xIR at least in regards to "texture sampling"?

If so that is exciting.

Sponsored links

I'm not sure that, it is applicable for all the games. there are still some games that are suffering from upscaling issues , Gregory is looking into the other games.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
i think this is as well only true for upscaling in horizontal direction... not vertical. So there are no vertical black lines any more but still horizontal lines. Since horizontal and vertical direction are somehow completely different in ps2 there might be much more vertical line problems than horizontal lines so that this upscaling issue appears resolved. (as long as you don't push upscaling too high)
So... namco upscaling hype?
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
(04-06-2015, 04:45 PM)Marge Simpson Wrote: So... namco upscaling hype?

Namco upscaling hype.
(04-06-2015, 05:02 PM)Rassane Wrote: Namco upscaling hype.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Well, what exactly caused this issue to happen in the first place?
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]

what would ;e; do
(04-06-2015, 05:06 PM)Marge Simpson Wrote: Well, what exactly caused this issue to happen in the first place?
it's because of the strange way on how GSdx fetches data when, upscaled. according to gregory, upscaling cause the pixel sampled to vary and it makes the GSdx to fetch invalid data which is outside the texture field and hence, causing black data.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(04-06-2015, 05:13 PM)ssakash Wrote: it's because of the strange way on how GSdx fetches data when, upscaled. according to gregory, upscaling cause the pixel sampled to vary and it makes the GSdx to fetch invalid data which is outside the texture field and hence, causing black data.

Eh, so the issue really comes down to GSdx and the engine?

Would the fact that whatever engine (s) that Namco used were meant to only render at 640x448 or whatever other console's resolution rather than a resolution like 1920x1080?

what would ;e; do
(04-06-2015, 05:21 PM)Marge Simpson Wrote: Would the fact that whatever engine (s) that Namco used were meant to only render at 640x448 or whatever other console's resolution rather than a resolution like 1920x1080?

I don't think so, currently the upscaling the internal resolution feature isn't well coded by Gabest according to Pseudonym and Gregory. so, I think the issue is probably related to Gsdx.

Sources:-

Quote:gregory38: but I don't think we can be pixel accurate anyway. Upscaling breaks everythings, I'm surprise that it is working actually.
pseudony1: That's how I feel every time I look at the upscaling code and actually think about it
pseudony1: It has no right to work half as decently as it does
- Refraction
Upscaling is well coded. It just a matter of precision.
In native resolution game can use [0;1[ pixel/texture positions. In 2x you need to be around of [0;0.5[ etc... Most game uses texture position rounded to 0.5. For the horizontal line, I need to debug it properly.