Does true widescreen exist in the PCSX2 world?
(03-14-2009, 12:10 PM)Gentleman Wrote: Exactly Wink The game must support widescreen in the first place, then you can use the 16:9 format. I think there's no way to force 4:3 designed games to change into true wide screen, like magic, even for an emulator.

Well, maybe we'll see someday some way to override aspect ratio, just as in n64 emulation with Jabo's D3D, you can stretch/set to whatever aspect ratio you want the game at, and everything will look at it's correct size (not fatso/thinasastick characters Tongue2).

Of course, it may cause some graphic bugs, as these would be areas that weren't supossed to be seen at a certain moment I guess Tongue2.

But that's something only devs know :V

Sponsored links

Stretching doesn't necessarily make the game be displayed at true widescreen. As it says, it just stretches the image. The GSdx Stretch works fine. There is no problem with it. At true wide screen you have an increased range of view. In stretch you have the 4:3 view but it's just.. stretched! There is no increase in range.. It's just 4:3 fitted in a 16:9 screen.

I don't know if it is possible to force a game that was programmed in 4:3 to display real widescreen image. Doesn't make much sense to me. I think the only option is to stretch the screen in those cases. Unless the game has an option to change the display to 16:9.
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]