Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dolphin on Android
First of all, this thread is not about the stupid Dolphin browser. I'm talking about the well known Dolphin emulator.

Recently there is a person, who is either talent or mad, porting the Dolphin emulator to Android. At first I thought it was a joke, but it turned out real. More details can be found here: It is currently running at less than 1 FPS, lol. But the developer is expecting the Samsung Galaxy S4 to be able to run at more than 1 FPS -- lol again. I'm amusing to see there is someone who decides to port Dolphin to Android, while the latest overclocked x86 CPUs are still not be able to handle Skyward Sword at full speed.

I really don't care if it can run commercial games or not for the time being, when Wiimote support on Android is very poor. But I think not many people acknowledge of its existence so I decide to make a thread. The sole developer is needing some donations, so give him some bucks if you really concern about it.

By the way, is there any plan for our PCSX2, lol?
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 | nVidia GeForce GTX 750 | 4 GiB DDR3 @ 533 Mhz | MSI G41M-P28 | Cooler Master RS-390-PMSR-A3 | Xigmatek TYR SD962 | LG Flatron W1943SE | HP KB-0316 | MotoSpeed F60

Sponsored links

It's not like people are denying its existence. I am active on the dolphin forum and I read about it too.

Right now they're seeking donations, but personally I think (as it stands for current smartphones) it is not worth it.
[Image: srMSZAn.png]

For anyone who thinks they're going to see 60FPS with any of today's smartphones running dolphin:
[Image: dqI2aqi.jpg]

Maybe in the future perhaps?
No plans for PCSX2 on ARM but there's a 50-50 chance that Intel can gain a foothold in the mobile space with x86 chips.
When that happens, chances are good PCSX2 can run on those platforms.
Hey! Im using dolphin browser, far more user friendly than chrome. Dont be mean to it Sad
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
(04-19-2013, 11:18 AM)Livy Wrote: First of all, this thread is not about the stupid Dolphin browser. I'm talking about the well known Dolphin emulator.

(04-19-2013, 01:13 PM)refraction Wrote: Hey! Im using dolphin browser, far more user friendly than chrome. Dont be mean to it Sad

lol Rolleyes

ontopic :

can't this dude use Bluestack the well known Android Emulator for Windows and Linux and MAC Smile

it may help him develop OpenGL far better because i think that it support it ! Laugh
No need to. OpenGL ES is a subset of OpenGL, so it can run on Windows as well. In fact Android games are developed on Windows first, then ported to Android.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 | nVidia GeForce GTX 750 | 4 GiB DDR3 @ 533 Mhz | MSI G41M-P28 | Cooler Master RS-390-PMSR-A3 | Xigmatek TYR SD962 | LG Flatron W1943SE | HP KB-0316 | MotoSpeed F60
every OS on the planet support OpenGL so WTF is he talking about Tongue
LOL I use Firefox which stays the best for me anyway Refract Tongue
(04-19-2013, 12:08 PM)Scootaloo Wrote: It's not like people are denying its existence. I am active on the dolphin forum and I read about it too.

Right now they're seeking donations, but personally I think (as it stands for current smartphones) it is not worth it.
[Image: srMSZAn.png]

For anyone who thinks they're going to see 60FPS with any of today's smartphones running dolphin:
[Image: dqI2aqi.jpg]

Maybe in the future perhaps?

Began to develop for Android now only dolphin even for "not wasting time."

Maybe with future A53 and A57 not improve this situation?
(04-19-2013, 11:18 AM)Livy Wrote: It is currently running at less than 1 FPS, lol.

Is running at ~ 1 fps because everything is being processed by the CPU (software mode). For indeed the dolphin android was written based on Open Gl Es 3 and so far no device can released supports GL ES 3.

It seems that the the Galaxy IV will be the first to support this featureWink