Down Key is Permanently Pressed in Save State
Hey folks,

Wow, PCSX2 has come a long way since I last looked a year or so ago! I've been having tons of fun playing through Disgaea again, this time on my PC, but I've run into a little problem.

I must have had the down key pressed when I saved my game state, and now when I load, it still registers the down key as depressed, so I am really stuck. I can only move downward, any menu I bring up spazzes out and scrolls down in an infinite loop, etc. Playing on is impossible, and my last save was from about ten hours ago (I leave it running in the background for days in a row).

So far I have tried everything I could think of--unbinding the key, changing the input to DirectInput, trying both of those and saving a new state after I change the setting, then loading. Nothing seems to work. PCSX2 keeps registering a down input in an infinite loop. Any ideas?

-edit-
Not just in save states, it's permanently pressed across all games from bootup.

Sponsored links

Are you starting the game and immediately pressing F3 or you wait till the game load(maybe to the tittle screen).

Some games have this problem if you load the state too soon
(06-15-2012, 08:05 PM)vsub Wrote: Are you starting the game and immediately pressing F3 or you wait till the game load(maybe to the tittle screen).

Some games have this problem if you load the state too soon

Yeah, I just fooled around with it and it happens with any disc. It's not a problem local to that save state unfortunately.
In case you still wonder what to do, just wait a bit before loading a state, control your urge to play and allow the games to boot correctlyTongue.

A hint in case it's still buggy, I remember Disgaea had a crash or something during one of the stage story, not sure which one it was, but it worked fine skipping it, soo maybe just to be safe, make a savestate before you choose to listen to each story(unless you don't skip them all ofc, but I would say that the dialoques are most of what makes this game fun;P).

You could also turn on "System>Backup before save"(not sure if it wasn't turned on by default), soo even if one savestate slot would really break or something and other slots were saved ages ago you could load it's backup copy using shift+F3.
When you load another savestate (e.g., as suggested, the backup one using SHIFT-F3), does it also happen? or does it only happen with one specific save state?

Also, try loading the state, and then select another pad plugin - via the plugins/bios selector dialog - e.g. sssx pad), see if it fixes it, and then select Lilypad again (assuming you use Lilipad).

Also, in general, it's not recommended to count only on save states. Rather, save your game to the memory card (via the menus) once in a while.

And also, if you have a mem card save (e.g. from auto saves, etc), you can use it instead of teh save state to not throw away 10 hours of gameplay.
I think I will just try a fresh install of PCSX2 and migrate my save states over. It happens on a full, fresh boot of any game disc, whether or not a save state is loaded. As in, for most games I am stuck permanently scrolling down the main menus forever.

Switching plugins doesn't help. This is one persistent little bug.
delete your lilypad ini and start again