Dragon Ball BT3 running very bad
Hi, im here coz i dont know anymore what to do with it. Got like 150-200fps on the in-game menu, but when the game starts, my fps barely reaches 30fps.

Spec;
AMD Athlon X2 250 3.00Ghz
4GB DDR3 1333
NVidia GF 210 1GB DDR3
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Pcsx2 0.9.6
Image 1; http://i54.tinypic.com/349b7gh.jpg
Image 2; http://i55.tinypic.com/244pe8y.jpg

Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Sponsored links

Use the latest beta to start with. 0.9.6 is a couple years old.

Obviously you're going to get way more FPS in 2d menus then actual gameplay, and BT3 is one of the harder games to emulate.
[Image: 2748844.png]
The reason is obvious, the video card is too weak for this kind of application. It fares well when need to show still 2D images but things change when active 3D pictures come into play.

I don't have that specific game but I foresee a hard time getting heavy 3D games running in that machine. You'll need to compromise too much on visual quality, speedhacks (with all the downbacks they can bring in higher amounts), if it can play near full speed at all. There is a slight chance running GS in software mode being better, try it.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Welcome to the forums Smile

there are several reasons for this:
1- your cpu might not be sufficient to run this game properly.
2-G210 is not sufficient for pcsx2 in general unless you run your games in native.
3-Your PCSX2 version is very old so try the latest beta.

And the only idea to fix this is trying to activating some speedhacks and hoping for best.

Goold Luck.
I don't believe an Athlon II @ 3.0Ghz is really what's too slow for this game (not that Speedhacks aren't needed, though). It's gotta be the low-end GPU.

Use native resolution. Even then, you may still see slowdowns from your GPU. Hopefully, it's more of an occasional thing.
BT3 runs poorly on less than a 3.3Ghz i7. so an amd processor is doomed.
That's funny, BT3 runs great on my C2D 2.8Ghz...
not if you disable skip draw, which is necessary to show some backgrounds.

tbh, i may be mixing up B3 and BT3, i know one of them had issues with backgrounds vanishing and had higher cpu requirements than the other.
Must be B3. No use of skip draw on my end.
Wow. People still use 0.9.6?.. At least try the beta 0.9.7. Just because it say beta, that doesn't necessary mean it's a bad thing! By the way, I'm using 0.9.8 beta Rolleyes