Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Graphical Issue: Emulator does not render outlines.
Anything above minimum removes the outlines and the glow(the glow is actually the ghost)and the blending accuracy becomes ineffective(it makes the outlines more visible but the difference between basic and ultra is barely visible)

Sponsored links

(03-24-2016, 06:37 PM)vsub Wrote: Here...you need to use OpenGL because it requires Blending Accuracy set to at least minimum(at None the lines are very thin)and with DX11 you get the glowing effect(which is missing in OGL)but you don't get outlines(or they are very thin...you also need skip draw to 2 not 1 while using DX11)

First of all,  sorry for bothering you again. Thanks! It works but now I'm facing a couple of more problems. Whenever I switch to fullscreen, the game becomes slow. If I keep it in fullscreen windowed mode, it doesn't happen (I think it happens when I use OpenGL.

Also, another problem I noticed is that the glow/brightness/lightning around characters (super saiyan characters or simple characters when fully charged) seems to have been increased since I enabled HW hacks and sometimes for a few seconds the brightness/lightning of the game (characters and surroundings) suddenly increases a lot and then comes back to what it was previously. 

My GPU is GT 840M (less powerful than yours) so I set the native resolution to 2x, the TC offset values to 320 and the skipdraw value to 5 (setting it below 5 creates a semi transparent blue barrier in front of the character)

Any solutionsolutions/idea? Thanks!
FWIW, I pushed a new commit on master that try to keep the outline even at openGL CRC level.

As a side note, full screen performance is maybe better with latest git, it is due to a bad interaction with Nvidia driver (I don't remember if Turtleli pushed a fix on latest master). Otherwise you can try to use PCSX2 1.2.0 exe with the plugin of the 1.4.0
(03-25-2016, 12:23 PM)gregory Wrote: FWIW, I pushed a new commit on master that try to keep the outline even at openGL CRC level.

As a side note, full screen performance is maybe better with latest git, it is due to a bad interaction with Nvidia driver (I don't remember if Turtleli pushed a fix on latest master). Otherwise you can try to use PCSX2 1.2.0 exe with the plugin of the 1.4.0

Thanks. I found the fix that you added on github (the .cpp file) bIut I do not where to add it (sorry I'm new to this) . 

Also, to use plugins of 1.4.0 in 1.2.0 I have to change the search folder path in the components selecter option, right?  (config > plugins/bios selecter > search plugibs path) just making sure coz I don't want to mess things up.

Edit: also, I couldn't find 1.2.0 version of PCSX2 so I downloaded 1.2.1 instead. Will that work?
Any of 1.2.x will work.

What do you mean by cpp files? You could find recent build here:
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
(03-25-2016, 03:16 PM)gregory Wrote: Any of 1.2.x will work.

What do you mean by cpp files? You could find recent build here:
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

I'll try that with the 1.2.1 version as soon as I get back home. 

Ok.  I downloaded the recent build 7z file, where should I extract it's content?
No reply? Sad
Just extract it to a folder anywhere (preferably like c:\pcsx2 or something) and copy your bios folder in to it and run the emulator, it will know what to do.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thanks! I'll try that
I created a new PR to enable outlines to work on Direct3D. I need some people to test this build out. Since red vertical lines emulation has been fixed the hw hacks can be moved/removed now.

The test build is available here.

I need people to compare it to the latest git builds found here.

What to test:
I need people to test the differences in DX11 and DX9 from both versions using "CRC Hack Full" and report if you encounter any issues.
The outlines partially work , they aren't fully implemented.
Also I'd like people to check the shadows from trees. Does moving the character move the shadows on the trees as well or not.

More detailed information:
Images for comparison.
OpenGLHW
https://snag.gy/rGYpeg.jpg

Direct3DHW
https://snag.gy/pLyhZD.jpg

Enables character outlines to partially work on Full CRC.
DX9 has a small issue where a small black line at the bottom shakes when outlines are enabled.
You can either use Aggressive crc or x,y offset to fix the issue.

Removed unnecessary crc hack that caused shadows on stationary objects (trees) to move on Direct3D in a weird
motion blur type way when the player moved slightly.

p.s. Jesalvin don't close this , it's for dev purposes Smile
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5