Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 - Perfect PCSX2 Config Guide
After really LONG time, i finally figured out the perfect combination for DBZ BT3 game and i just want to help all those people like me, who are freaking out with one question - "why its not working!@!@"
At beginning, few words about what you will get:
1. The game IS NOT flashing
2. The game IS NOT slowing down (lag)
3. The game DON`T HAVE "shadows" around characters ( you know what im talking about, it happen especially when you transform in SSJ1 and higher )
4. The game play PERFECTLY up to 1680x1050 resolution ( i cant test higher resoultion because i dont have enaugh resoultion in my monitor, but i bet it will work even in full hd) and you still WILL NOT GET the "shadows"
5. The game works perfectly with x4 AA (its optional, depends on your hardware)
So here you go:
1. You need to use PCSX2 0.9.7.3113 (svn)
2. You need to use "Windows Plugin update pack August 2010"
2. You NEED TO have NTSC version of DBZBT3 game. It can be a dvd or an iso made from your legal owned game, but it have to be NTSC (you can buy it from ebay if you dont have it, like me: i sold my PAL game, and bought NTSC, almost without money loss) The "Ps2PAL2NTSC fix" which you can find on this forum will fix only the hurt-eye flashing in game, but it cant fix all the glitches (for example - shadowing of characters)
So the best way is to use NTSC version of game - it is really worth it, trust me.
3. I don`t really know if it matters, but just in case the version of bios which i am using (extracted from my ps2 console) is: SCPH-77001_USA_Con_0220_20060210_v15
4. I use iso file made from the game dvd, i just noticed that from hard drive i got a little better performence than from dvd
a) Emulation Options
b) Plugin\Bios Selector
1. You need to do some customize to make this setting match your hardware.
Its about the GSDX version ( i choose SSE 4 because my CPU allow me) and in GSDX settings i have x4 anti-aliasing because my cpu and gpu are good enaugh. I recommend to set AA on 0 if you have any problems with game performence.
2. The game looks a lot better with 4:3 aspect ratio (as i have in options) but you can still set it 16:9 if you want.
3. All needed files (pcsx and plugins) you can get from
Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9550 (12M Cache, 2.83 GHz, 1333 MHz)
4GB DDR2 1066
GeForce GTX 280
Running under Windows 7
Even this PC is old (i bought it 2 years ago) it still do well, and i get avarage 80 fps in game (durning the fight, blasting and all this kind of effects), in more "peacefull" part of game i have 200+ fps. My CPU usgae durning the fight is 50% and the memory use is also 50%.
At the end you will be the...( ps. it is screenshot from the emulated game on my pc, look nice, isn`t it? )