Dragon Quest 8 and text artifacts
I'll get to the point with my specs and a few screenshots.

AMD Phenom II x4 965 (OC'd to 3.8ghz)
8gb DDR3
XFX HD5870 (OC'd to 900mhz/1300mhz)

These are my plugin settings for video: http://i54.tinypic.com/6zbgo8.png

The problem I'm having is what I would describe as artifacts in the text boxes: http://i56.tinypic.com/2drfo86.png

By no means does this make the game unplayable, it is just annoying and I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix it. I get a fairly stable 60fps everywhere else so if my GPU being weak is a possibility, I think that removes said possibility. It also appears under DX9 or 10 (I use hardware rendering because it gives me great graphics, and software didn't seem to fix it for me).

Sponsored links

If I'm not mistaken, running DQ8 on native resolution fix the problem but the graphics quality will not look as polished as when running with custom resolution.

EDIT: Opps..i mean software mode helps clean the text artifact.but no more polished graphics...
Windows 7 64-bit
Processor:Intel Core i5 760 (3.60Ghz @1.2v OC)
GPU:ATI Radeon HD 5870
RAM : 8192 MB DDR3 Dual Channel
RAM Speed : 541.7 MHz (2:6) @ 8-8-8-20
Well I'm a dunce, software rendering does fix it. No clue how I didn't see that. Suppose since the issue seems to be with software/hardware rendering, there is nothing that I (as an end user) can do?
try no to talk to the npc or trigger event so dialog box dont appear?

Okay i kid.

Well i myself couldnt find anything.(been playing around with pcsx2 about 6 months now..long time lurker now just joining in the forum)

The fault is not within pcsx2 emulator because they managed to emulate it perfectly in software mode.So they dont have to do anything about it.

It's up to the guys who developed gsdx now...

Either you play with ***** dialog box or it's either you play with decent original ps2 resolution.
Your only choice right now is..either it's accurate or "Beauty with a flaw" kind of thing..

Windows 7 64-bit
Processor:Intel Core i5 760 (3.60Ghz @1.2v OC)
GPU:ATI Radeon HD 5870
RAM : 8192 MB DDR3 Dual Channel
RAM Speed : 541.7 MHz (2:6) @ 8-8-8-20
I can deal with the artifacts. It is a nuisance but it is very very minor. And I'm willing to take that and get the beautiful graphics over the software rendering any day Smile

Thanks for pointing out what was right in front of me.
Have you tried using a custom resolution that is square (i.e. 1024x1024)?
Tried 1024x1024 and it did nothing. Not sure how it would help, though, given the artifacts seem to be from some rendering goof-up (because software rendering doesn't show them).
It can't be fixed by any known method.
The letters are aligned very precisely to work on the real GS in native resolution.
Once you change that resolution, the alignment breaks.
That indeed is the problem. Kept hardware rendering but ticked Native resolution.
(06-13-2011, 12:22 AM)Amak Wrote: That indeed is the problem. Kept hardware rendering but ticked Native resolution.

I ticked Native resolution, talked to someone to verify that it fixed it, then unticked native resolution and it stayed fixed at the higher res. thank you!