Dragon Quest VII running slow.
I've read the set up for PCX2 and tried what it recommended, but it didn't help much.

Intel Core2 duo cpu E7200 2.53GHZ
2gigs of ram
GTX 260 896mb

I've looked around on the forums and i think my problem is my processor. Its running at 100%, but I'm hoping that i can tweak some of the PCX2 setting to get it running at a good rate.

gsdx-ssse3-r4600
EE- recompiler
IOP- recompiler
VUO- microVU recompiler
VU1- microVU recompiler

Speed hacks
EE Cyclerate- 3
VU cycle stealing- 1
Other hacks- all checked
No Game Fixes

Sorry if I forgot any info, I'm new to this.

Sponsored links

just to make sure check that your cpu power profile is set to high in Control panel (of windows) because its really easy to forget about this and if you have it set to balanced or low power then you processor isn't really running at its max clock speed all the time.

first thing is try selecting the native resolution in gsdx settings and if that doesn't give you a speed up then it is indeed your cpu that's the problem in which case try setting both speedhacks to 3.

If neither of those things helps much try downloading the latest betabuild from
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

It has an MTVU hack which lets pcsx2 take advantage of more than two cores if you have them. I know yours is a dual core but some users reported increases in fps even with dual cores. (this is a new speedhack in the speedhacks section just check it to enable it)

As a loast resort try overclocking your cpu if it lets you, although I am not sure what program is good for intel cpus ( I use amd overdrive but that only works for amd cpus)

That's about all I can think of...
Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP micro ATX Intel motherboard
Intel Core i5 3570K processor @3.4 GHz
Patriot G2 Series 8 GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Sapphire Radeon HD7870XT 2GB GDDR5 RAM
Patriot Pyro SATA III 120 GB SSD
Corsair GS 600W PSU
OC ur cpu, otherwise use native or less in resolution, the game is a little heavy.

MTVU doesnt help much in that game at lest not for a dual core(personal experience), still try it and gl o/
Turning the power manager to high helped a bit and turning the resolution to native, but it is still a bit slow.

I'm going to download the beta and see how that works out.

Thanks for the power saver info. I never thought of that.
It didn't work sadly.

Can anyone recommend a goo cpu overclocking device?

I've read up on how to do it manually, but I'm not sure if its worth it.
It might not be my CPUactually. I had ArcadeLive running in the background.

My CPU doesn't go past 89%.

Any other ideas?
Turned my VU cycle stealing down to 2 and everything works fine now for some reason. FPS is above 50 at all times.

Thanks for the help all. That power saver idea was great =D
(09-25-2011, 07:45 AM)PapaBear Wrote: Turned my VU cycle stealing down to 2 and everything works fine now for some reason. FPS is above 50 at all times.

Thanks for the help all. That power saver idea was great =D

No problem.

As far as overclocking goes I am not sure what programs are good for intel cpu's maybe they have some kind of software made by intel but I don't know...
Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP micro ATX Intel motherboard
Intel Core i5 3570K processor @3.4 GHz
Patriot G2 Series 8 GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Sapphire Radeon HD7870XT 2GB GDDR5 RAM
Patriot Pyro SATA III 120 GB SSD
Corsair GS 600W PSU
3rd party programs won't tell you if you're CPU capped or not... Instead use the top of the PCSX2 window to tell, if either EE, GS, or VU threads are at 99% or close to it, then you are CPU capped.

Certain speed hacks (especially VU cycle steal and in some cases EE) can give false FPS readings (thus saying they are running faster than they actually are)
[Image: 2748844.png]